It's a Laberynth

(A/N writing this one same as previous chapter in dialog)

Enid's thoughts:

Enid thought it was a little weird that Wednesday was sending her out to explore. After last night on the balcony, she thought for sure she was breaking down the other girls' walls.

Maybe she had misunderstood the softness in Wednesday's voice. It wouldn't be the first time.. or the last.

Either way, she walked out of the room, trying to act confident. Because truly she didn't feel very confident in herself.

She decided to trust what Wednesday told her, and the house would show her what she needed to see. But there were at least 3 floors to explore and a basement. Of course, Wednesday specifically told her to stay clear of the basement.

With minor hesitation, Enid walked up the stairs. She was both excited and terrified of what she might find.

At the top of the steps, she saw a line of doors and another set of stairs. Choosing to ignore the doors for now, she climbed the second set of stairs.

Up and up she went, as she walked she took note of the beautiful spiral stair case she was walking up. It was, of course, black, but somehow looked like it was brand new.

She rounded the last corner and found herself at the top of the house. Well, the tower within the house.

"Wow." She mumbled out loud. This was the best view Enid had ever seen. She was above the tree tops and could see into the town just next to them. It was absolutely amazing.

And then it wasn't, Enid heard the faint sound of someone coming up the stairs behind her, and she whipped around so fast.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to scare you." Pugsley had his hands up in surrender. Enid clutched a hand to her heart.

"You scared the crap out of me! What are you doing up her?" She asked, getting control of herself.

"Well, I come up here often, Wednesday, and I once dropped a stuffed doll off and watermelon this tower. She wanted to teach me which would hit the ground first." Pugsley was now standing next to Enid looking down over the railing.

"The answer is both." He said, smiling at the memory. Clearly, Wednesday and her brother had some good memories, Enid thought.

"Well, that's a really nice story. I think." Enid said, smiling at the shorter boy.

"Why are you up here by yourself?" Pugsley asked, tilting his head towards Enid.

"Wedneday told me I had to explore the house by myself or else I would never understand it." She replied, looking back out over the trees.

"Well, have you found what you're looking for yet?" He asks, also staring out over the trees.

"I'm not sure yet." Enid says back. She's starting to wonder just what she's supposed to be looking for.

"Well, I hope you found it. This mansion has many twists and turns, but it always brings you where you need to be." With that, Pugsley walks off down the stairs.

Enid takes one last look over the forest. Wondering why this is the first place her heart brought her to.

Enid took the stairs back down the third floor. She was about to ignore the third floor altogether when she felt a sharp tug in her heart.

"Well, I might as well follow it, right?" She said to no one in particular.

She walked down the hall, and she could feel the tugging getting stronger. Near the end of the hall, she stopped and faced a rather large door.

This door was out of place. Instead of all black like the others, it was a marbling of white and black with a raven in the middle. Enid hesitated only for a moment and then entered.

In that moment, she was overtaken by a force she could not describe. She was taken into what she can only assume was a vision of the past. Wednesday's past.

She was seeing Wednesday as a baby in this room. Morticia was sitting in a chair rocking Wednesday back and forth. Even back then, Wednesday was still as a corpse.

Enid was taken aback by just how cute she thought the image of the girl was. A younger Wednesday, but still Wednesday. Somehow, it's just as menacing but adorable either way.

Just like that, the vision ended, and Enid was back in the cold room. There is nothing more than an old crib and a rocking chair sitting in there now. Enid left the room more confused than she was before.

Still, she felt something moving her on to another place in the house. Enid found herself humming a song she didn't recognize. Yet it almost moved her to snapping.

Enid was now being pulled to the second floor, back the way she had come. She already knew that it was Wednesday's room she was to go to next.

Inside the room was dark, as it always was with Wednesday. Her cello was in a corner by the window, her typewriter perfectly placed on a dark wood desk. Right next to the desk was her bed, rightfully squared against the wall. Everything in the room was perfectly kept, minimal dust, but many cobwebs. As if the cobwebs were decor themselves.

Enid felt comfort within the room, something she hadn't realized until that moment. She'd stayed in this room for two nights now, and she began to hope it would continue like that.

She snapped out of that thought, back to her journey. Why was she pulled to Wednesday's room? After all, she already knew this section of the house.

She moved towards Wednesday's desk, where she saw a half finished page of Wednesday's book.

'Viper turns, she's looking at a wave of people. Yet she's only looking for one face in the crowd. The one face that can settle a storm within seconds.' Enid read the words on the pages.

"Interesting choice of direction for Ms. I have no feelings." She says to herself. The strange tug at her heart then drifted, and she knew this meant she had another place to find.

Out of the room and down to the first floor, she went. There was no sign of Wednesday or her parents. Or anyone for that matter.

Enid brushed it off and walked towards whatever room she was destined to find next. Near the end of the hallway, she thought she heard hushed whispers coming from behind a door.

She contemplated opening it for a moment before she was tugged away. Besides, that was a door to a basement. Enid could feel it.

She rounded the corner and found what seemed to be the only door with any color besides white or black. Which was saying a lot because the door was a very dark emerald green. She opened it and gasped.

Inside was a greenhouse. Morticia's greenhouse for sure. Enid remembered Wednesday mentioning how her mother loved plants. It's the reason she knew so much about them.

Again, Enid was whipped into a past memory.

It was Wednesday at about 10 years old. Morticia and Wednesday were tending to the garden.

"Come here, darling," morticia motions to Wednesday who.. happily? Well glaringly, walked over.

"This my little death trap is a black dahlia. It's a rather dangerous flower, just like you." Morticia was speaking in a hushed voice, leaning over a beautifully dark flower.

Enid could see Wednesday was actually listening with intent to her mother's words. She had a thirst for knowledge early on. Again, Enid knew this about her bestie.

When the memory faded, Enid was left to gaze around the whole room, knowing to be careful of any dangerous plants but also mesmerized.

As she left and closed the door, the only question she had left was.

'Why were all of these places about Wednesday?' Although she couldn't answer this question yet.

She walked off towards the kitchen again, and that's when she ran into Wednesday.

'Finally.' Enid thought smiling at her best friend. Inside Enid felt a twinge of pain at the word best friend, but for now, she decided it was best to ignore it.