One

"Not to sound like a total American, but an airport full of people who speak primarily English is a beautiful sound." Jordan laughs.

"That does make you sound like a very stuck up American, especially since I know you speak pretty fluent Turkish at this point." Bethany rolls her eyes.

"I know, and I love Istanbul, but it's not home, this is, and every time we touch down back in the US and I hear the English chatter, it makes me feel at home again."

"This is JFK, home for you is literally another 2,500 miles away." Beth points out, laughing as she does so.

"Ya, don't remind me." Jordan groans, "I'm tired of flying."

"Get home and then you won't have to fly for a month or two."

"Ya, how long until your flight home?"

"I have a short layover, I need to head to the other end of the airport pretty quickly."

"Well, I'll see you when we meet on the court in six weeks then." Jordan turns, pulling her friend into a tight hug.

"Don't forget I know your weaknesses." Beth teases, "I'll see you when you come to Atlanta."

"Friday the 13th, and it's going to be a bad luck day for the Dream." Jordan chuckles.

"We'll see about that, you don't have every Ace up your sleeve."

"That's what you think." Jordan laughs, "Have a safe flight home."

"You too!" Beth waves, turning to head down the terminal towards wherever her connecting flight is taking off from.

Pulling her airpods out of her bag Jordan slips them into her ears, glancing around for a place to get food. Her layover is nearly three hours, and the international terminal has better food than the domestic. After getting her food she finds a small table near the restaurant to sit and eat, setting her phone up to watch something while she does.

"Jackie? Jackie?" She startles a while later as someone taps her arm, turning to meet soft green eyes watching her from behind shaggy blond hair half hidden in a beanie.

"Sorry?" She asks, her forehead creasing in confusion as she pulls out one of her headphones.

"Aren't you Jackie P?" He asks, still looking rather excited.

Smiling, she shakes her head no, "I'm Jordan P. Jackie is my twin sister though, you're not the first to mix us up. Though usually she is mistaken for me. How do you know Jackie?"

"Gaming." He shrugs, motioning to the chair across from her, sitting when she indicates that she's okay with it.

"You game?"

"Not professionally." He chuckles, "But I watch Jackie's streams regularly, and I love to play. Sometimes we play the same campaign together though. I'm Michael by the way."

"Nice to meet you, sorry I'm not my sister." She laughs.

"Don't be sorry, it's my bad, I have only met Jackie in person a couple of times and I was so sure you were here when I passed, but obviously I was wrong."

"If we covered her tattoos I think we could still convince our parents we were each other, so you have nothing to be embarrassed by." She assures.

"I didn't even know Jackie had a twin sister, are you a gamer too?"

"I do not play video games." She chuckles, "Trust me, if I tried to game you would very quickly know who was Jackie and who was not."

"That must be why I don't know about you, you're a disgrace to her career." He jokes easily.

"Video games are her thing, and not a family affair. I'm not surprised she's never mentioned me in it."

"Do you not watch her streams?"

"When I can, but it's not often." She shrugs, "I'm too busy. But she knows I wholeheartedly support her in her chosen career."

"What do you do then? If you don't mind my asking." Michael relaxes back in his chair slightly.

"Basketball." She can't help but grin, "I'm on my way home from playing the off season in Turkey.

"Wait, are you a professional basketball player?" He looks rather excited.

"I've been with the Las Vegas Aces since 2018 I was drafted by the San Antonio Stars in 2017 and played a season in Texas before the whole team was sold and we relocated to Vegas." She nods.

"Sparks are better." Michael quips quickly.

"Fuck no." She laughs, "I do have friends on the team, but the Aces is where it's at."

"What position do you play?"

"Shooting or point guard depending on the lineup."

"Are you any good?"

"Not bad." She shrugs.

"Are you being modest?" He laughs.

"Maybe, but who likes a bragger."

"Fair. You know, I've been to NBA games, but I've never actually been to a WNBA game."

"You're missing out."

"You think so?"

"Definitely. You should catch a game sometime, you'll see. It's different from going to an NBA game, and that isn't a bad thing."

"How long is the season?"

"This year, our first preseason game is May 1st, and the last game is August 14th, but there are playoffs after that if we make it. Which we should."

"Might have to try and catch a game towards the end of the season then." He shrugs.

"Why the end?"

"Prior commitments."

"Make sure you go to a good game if you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He laughs.

"The Sparks aren't slated to do well this year, they're in a rebuilding phase right now. An Ace's game would be much more entertaining." She smirks.

"We'll see, I definitely can't promise anything though."

"Understandable, I rarely promise my time too, because my schedule it's always changing and up in the air."

"I should actually go, it was nice talking to you for a minute though, Jordan, good luck with your season."

"Thanks, I'll tell Jackie you say hi. It was nice to meet you, Michael."

"You too, sorry I thought you were your sister." He offers as he stands.

"Don't worry about it, I'm not offended by being confused with someone as great as her." She smiles, starting to collect her trash.

"Fair enough." Michael chuckles, offering a wave as he turns to head further down the terminal.

Jo watches him go for a moment, trying in part to figure out what to think of the very attractive guy who mistook her for her sister. Sighing once he's disappeared from view she cleans up her mess. She can always ask Jackie for more information on this Michael guy. Things like what his last name is, and how friendly he and Jackie actually are. Thoughts and questions about this Michael character continue to plague her mind as she makes her way through the airport towards her gate, grateful only one flight separates her from her own bed.

—————————
Welcome to End Game! I'm so excited to share this story with you guys! I hope you enjoy getting to know Jo and her story with Michael.

Please save this story to your libraries to guarantee you get notifications when I update on Tuesdays and Fridays. If you love the story enough please feel free to add it to any reading lists and encourage others to read it!

Votes and comments are highly appreciated and I try to respond to as many as I can!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)