Eight

Jordanplum10

Liked by Jackiep, lvaces, and 13,271 othersJordnaplum10: year 5 ♦️🖤

Jordnaplum10: year 5 ♦️🖤

***

Michael can't help but smile as he sees the post, excited for Jo, knowing how excited she is for the season to start. Swiping out of Instagram after liking the photo he finds her contact and his call, hoping she'll answer. She'd been extra busy the last week or so, with final preparations for games to start, and he'd missed talking to her.

"Hey." Her bright smile fills the screen after a moment.

"You answered." He gasps slightly.

"Not fair, you're half a world away and I've been busy." She pouts.

"It's fine, Jo. I'm just glad you can talk now."

"I've got about five minutes." She laughs, "Bus call is soon."

"I'll take the five minutes." He smiles, "Are you excited for tonight?"

"Ya, I mean it's preseason so I don't know if I'll play much, but games are back so I'm excited about that."

"I was trying to find a way to watch the game but I don't think it's being broadcast anywhere."

"I doubt it is with it being preseason. Amazon Prime did a deal with the WNBA for the season though, so there should be at least some live games streamed there over the next few months, and a few on actual TV too. You can always follow the play-by-play on the ESPN app though. But please don't kill yourself trying to watch live, at least not while your in Europe, it's the middle of the night for you when we play."

"Eleven more days in Europe. Then I'll be back on the same continent as you." Michael sighs.

"Where are you guys right now?"

"Zurich. We played in Budapest last night and here tomorrow."

"Shouldn't you be trying to sleep then? It's late there."

"But I wanted to watch your game, and talk to you." He frowns.

"Cute, but sleep is also good for you." She laughs.

"I know, but I'd give up sleep anytime if it means I get to talk to you." He sighs.

"Did you ever figure out if our schedules cross at all this summer?" She asks, moving around her hotel room to collect the things she'll need for the game.

"New York in July is definite. I have a show the 12th of July and you guys play the Liberty, I have a show the 13th and you have nothing. And then you have a game again against the Liberty on the 14th when I have a rest day. I figure I'll fly out to meet the tour the morning of the 15th when your team leaves the city too. You can come to my show and I can come to your game."

"I like that plan." She grins, "But July is still two months away..."

"I know, it's the only one that lined up perfectly for our schedules though. I might have a couple other opportunities to make things happen before then, but I'm not getting your hopes up until I'm certain of them."