Twenty-Seven

"Good work today, JP. I know it didn't feel like much, but the electrotherapy and massage were what your muscles needed." Tyler helps her up, slipping the sling back around her left arm for her. "Keep this on a bit longer, the best thing for your arm right now is still rest.

"Thanks, Ty." She nods, slipping off the table.

"Ice if it feels stiff or uncomfortable tonight, and come in an hour before we're due on the floor for the game tomorrow. We'll work your arm out and then you can watch the game from the bench and cheer on the team."

"Will do." She nods, heading out the door to the sound of shoes squeaking on the wood floor in the gym. Smiling, she takes a detour from her path to the car, walking up the tunnel into the arena. Leaning her right shoulder against the side of the bleachers as she watches her teammates running through some plays before the game tomorrow.

"How's the arm feeling?" Coach Hammon wanders towards her as an assistant coach resets the play on the court.

"Stiff, and tired now. I just finished my first therapy session with Ty. When I heard the shoes I had to stop in to see how these girls are making things work without me." She jests.

"We'll manage until you come back. Hopefully it's only a few weeks."

"Hopefully. I'm antsy to be back on the court already." Jo nods.

"Which is why I'm getting all my information from Tyler on when and what your comeback will be. I love you, JP, but I don't trust you to stay down as long as it's actually necessary."

"Ya, ya." Jo waves her off, laughing because she knows it's true.

"You'll be at the game tomorrow, right?" Coach asks.

"Ya, I'm working with Ty before the game and then I'll be on the bench to support." She nods, "I'll be on the bench for every home game, don't you doubt my commitment. I'm not going to away games just because I need to stay here and workout my arm, otherwise I'd be there too."

"Good, get home and ice or whatever you're supposed to do for your arm. We'll see you tomorrow."

"Ya, see you tomorrow, coach." Jo nods, turning to head back down the tunnel, pulling her phone out as she does, pressing call on Michael's contact as she heads for the garage. Frowning when she gets his voicemail she tries to decide if he's in soundcheck or something, hoping he's just busy, and that's why she hasn't heard from him today.

Shooting him a text to call her when he has time, she climbs into her car, pulling out of the garage as his voice spills from the speakers, her 'I miss Michael' playlist filled with songs he sings, just so she can hear his voice.

Jo highly considers driving right past her driveway as she turns the corner onto her street. The black BMW parked in the driveway is an overly uninviting sight to welcome her home, one she was not in the mood to deal with currently. Knowing Jackie is inside dodging awkward questions about her career gets Jo to turn into the drive through, pulling into the garage as she tries to talk herself into the conversation, more likely an argument, coming.

"Superstar!" Her dad is waiting with the door open before she can even leave the car, smiling at her as she makes her way past him into the house.

"I'm sorry." Jackie mumbles as Jo passes her towards her room, offering her sister a soft smile. Jo fully ignores her dad as she heads to her room to take care of her things, despite knowing he will follow her.

"Jordan, you've ignored my calls for four days! We need to talk."

"Take a hint, dad." She sighs, finding the bottle of ibuprofen in her bathroom and popping two pills in her mouth, swallowing them with a cup of water from the sink.