Forty-One

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" Jo runs into the house with determination in her eyes, passing Michael sitting in the living room as she heads to change.

"Jo." Michael calls after her, laughing as he pushes off the couch to go find her, "Jo, how are you late? We don't have a plan, or a reservation to make." He asks as he steps into her room, seeing her changing from her team gear into regular clothes.

"I was supposed to be home before four." She frowns, "I don't know if you noticed, but it's after five."

"Hey, hey," He stops her as she tries to pass him towards her bathroom, pulling her into his chest, "Take a deep breath, Jo. We have all night, and it's not like Vegas is one of those cities that closes at 8pm."

"I know." She sighs, "But I was supposed to have another hour and a half with you tonight." She pouts.

"It's okay, you're chasing your dreams, and I'm sure my career will make me late for plans at some point too. I'm not going to be mad about something you can't control. Now take a deep breath, finish getting ready, and we can enjoy our evening together still. Okay?"

"Ya. Sorry." She chuckles, toeing up to peck his lips, "I just hate missing out on any time with you when I get so little of it already."

"That's cute, but we are so close to real time together, and we have a date night planned, so let's worry about that now and stop stressing over an hour of extra time in the gym."

"Okay, give me five minutes. I just need to put on a little bit of makeup."

"Take your time." He nods, releasing his hold on her waist.

"I won't be long. We need to decide what we are doing tonight too." She comments as he follows her into the bathroom, jumping onto the counter beside where she pulls out her bag of makeup.

"Paint the town red, baby. We don't need a real plan. Let's just go enjoy ourselves out on the town. I never come to Vegas without a strict plan, not really. I want to be a tourist in your town tonight."

"It's a Thursday night and you want to be a tourist in Vegas?" She laughs, "We are either going to have the night of our lives or be mobbed by so many fans that we die."

"Sounds like the perfect adventure for me and my girl." Michael smiles.

"It's a good thing I know how to escape hysteria in this town too." She laughs, leaning over the counter closer to the mirror to coat her lashes in mascara. "We're probably eating more pub style food tonight since we don't have a reservation though."

"That fits the night's vibes perfectly. And if you hadn't noticed, I'm not exactly the type of guy who wants to get dressed up fancy for a simple date night."

"I know, that's one thing I really love about you." She chuckles, "Because I am pretty much a sweats and t-shirt girl ninety percent of the time."

"I don't mind at all that you like to be relaxed, you look gorgeous no matter what." He smiles softly.

"Alright, let's go." Jo comments as she finishes touching up some concealer over the bags under her eyes.

"I also love that." Michael slides off the counter.

"What?"

"You put on mascara, eyebrow goo, lip color, and some concealer. That's it. I love that you don't feel the need to paint your entire face in makeup every single day." He shrugs.

"It's not worth the time, plus, I sweat almost all of it off anyway in my practices and games."

"You're beautiful without it, and with it, but I like that you don't feel the need to rely on it." He wraps his arms around her, pecking her lips quickly.