Forty-Eight

"You got a whole cheer squad here for you today, JP?" She frowns as Chelsea hip checks her at the free throw line.

"Just Jackie." She shrugs, "But that's better than who was supposed to be here."

"That ain't just Jackie." Chelsea grins, nodding towards the far side of the court, directly across from the bench.

"What?" She frowns, glancing around until her eyes meet her favorite pair of sage green ones, a grin splitting her own lips instantly.

"Another check in the great boyfriend box for DM boy, because I know for a fact that face is saying you had no clue he'd be here." Chelsea chuckles.

"Not one." Jo shakes her head, wandering to the edge of the court where the group of three have taken their seats.

"Hey, Jordan! You ready to win this thing?" Ashton speaks first, grinning at her.

"What the fuck are you two doing here?" She laughs, accepting the hug Michael pulls her into as he stands.

"Boyfriend duties." Michael mumbles into her neck, "Plus Ash wanted to tag along. He's been wanting to see a game in person for months."

"I thought you guys were supposed to be finishing up everything for London, it's literally five days away."

"We're solid for that, and Luke and Cal wanted to spend time with their girls, so I came to spend time with mine." Michael steps back finally, sitting back in his seat. "We'll meet them in New York to head for London."

"I guess I better win tonight then." Jo laughs.

"We aren't too worried." Ashton smiles kindly at her.

"I am, the Suns are tough and this is their home court. They are defending it hard, that's how they won game three." Jo glances behind her to the other team.

"This win is easier than the one you got over your dad on Tuesday. You'll be fine, just play the game your way." Michael offers.

"I'm going to do my best, I want that championship trophy more than anything."

"You're not coming home without it, Jo. Now go finish warming up, we will be here to cheer you on the whole game." Jackie chuckles.

"Thank you for coming, all three of you." Jo nods, bending slightly to kiss Michael quickly before heading back onto the court for the rest of warmups.

"You make me feel so single sometimes, JP." A'ja chuckles, passing her a ball as she gets back on the court.

"His friend is single if you're asking. Though he's a bit of a project it sounds like."

Na, but I'm happy for you."

"Thanks. I'm happy too, different than I have been in a long time, maybe even ever."

"Probably ever, because your asshat of a dad isn't here to berate you, instead you soft as shit boyfriend is sitting over there with pride in his eyes."

"Ya, I like this change." Jo sighs, putting up a dagger shot with ease, breathing out slowly as it falls through the hoop. This is her game, and she does not plan to let the championship hang on a game five win.

***

"Go!" Michael yells as Jo gets a steal and a fast break, standing as she pulls up into a layup, watching the ball fall through the hoop.

"Holy shit, they might just do it!" Jackie grabs Ashton's arm, her stress radiating through her hold as Jo steps to the free throw line, there's fourty seconds left in the game and Jo's shot put the Aces up by three, meaning if she makes her foul shot she forced the game into a two posesion difference.