Four

Jo was actually kind of disappointed when she woke up on Saturday without Michael having spammed her entire Instagram history with likes. Not because she wanted him to actually see the things she posted throughout her online lifespan, but because she wanted the excuse to message him again, and he hadn't given her one. All day Saturday she kept tabs on her instagram notifications, hoping to see the green eyed man's handle appear, but it never did.

By the time she wakes on Sunday morning she's feeling rather lethargic from jet lag, and unnecessarily grumpy from the lack of communication from Michael. Wandering into the kitchen to find something to eat she sighs, swiping out of Instagram, his account disappearing as her home screen reappears.

"You okay?" She startles, having not seen Jackie sitting at the table.

"Jet lag is a bitch." She sighs, reaching for a premade green shake in the fridge before joining her sister at the table.

"I have a solution for that," Jackie smiles, "Don't go to Turkey in the fall."

"We'll see, part of me wants to stay home, and part of me would miss playing if I did stay home."

"A break would be good for you, you can't push your body nonstop or you're going to get hurt. Really hurt."

"I take breaks..." Jo mumbles.

"You mean the one week between your last game in Istanbul and starting camp tomorrow? Or the maybe one month you'll get between the season and the world cup. And I double it will be a month because you guys are good, and playoffs are almost a guarantee for the Aces. You're going to hurt yourself, Jo. I would hate to see you hurt yourself. Please don't commit to a season in Turkey in the fall, not yet."

"The only thing I am committing to right now is having one day of nothing, I'm going to go lay out in the backyard and take a nap in the sun." Jo chuckles.

"See, a break, now do it for like three months instead of a single day."

"I'd lose my mind." Jo shakes her head.

"It would be good for you, maybe you'd finally find someone to fall in love with."

"You've been as single as long as I have." Jo points out, "Technically longer."

"He broke up with me two days before you officially dumped yours." Jackie scoffs, "You can't call that longer, not really."

"I'm just saying, you have no right to tell me to start dating unless you've started too."

"I have no prospects, but if I remember correctly you've been flirting with my guitarist gamer friend."

"Hardly, I met him, he slid into the DMs and then he slid right out." She shrugs.

"So slide into his, you admitted he was hot, and sweet, what else do you need?"

"On the same continent would be a good start."

"Says the girl that lives half her year on one continent and the other half on another..."

"That's fair." She sighs, "We'll see, I'm going to change and lay out. Do you want to go to dinner tonight? Or are you on stream?"

"I think I'll play, but I'm not planning to stream, yesterday's stream was brutal and I need a day off. We could do dinner tonight. Should I invite mom and dad or should it just be us?"

"I haven't seen them since I got home... but I also need to get to bed early and dad will want to talk about my season in Turkey until the sun comes up."

"How about I plan a lunch with them next Sunday and we have a sisters dinner tonight."

"Bless you." Jo nods, "I'll be outside, after I change."