Forty-Two

"I hate this part." Jo mumbles, cuddling herself into Michael as he shuts the back of Jackie's car, both of their luggage tucked into the trunk.

"Me too." He sighs, "But this one feels a whole lot better than leaving you in the airport in New York."

"Ya, sorry about that one." She sighs, lifting her eyes to meet his, though her arms stay tightly wrapped around his middle.

"Relationships are hard, and ours has been almost exclusively long distance, which makes it even harder. Don't beat yourself up too much for it. If we hadn't been across the country from each other after that miscommunication we would have figured it out in a better way. But you taking that month that you needed to figure yourself out was worth it, Jo. It was worth it to know you know you're here for good, and to hold you in my arms knowing you love me and you're sure of it."

"I am sure, I love you so much, Michael." She nods quickly, "Thank you for being literally the most understanding person in the entire world."

"Anything for you, baby." He smiles, bending to press a long kiss to her lips.

"If you two don't get in the car I will not hesitate to run your cheese asses over with it." Jackie calls as she wanders into the garage.

"Thanks for driving us today, Jackie." Jo sighs, reluctantly letting go of Michael to head around to the passenger seat.

"No. Get your ass in the back with him. You two may have spent the last two days in a love bubble, but you should both try googling your names before someone asks a question and you don't know what they are asking about." Jackie hits the lock button before Jo can open the door.

"Is there a lot of shit out there about us?" Michael sighs.

"Fans losing their shit, sports analysts debating the fact that two of Jo's love interests were at her game at the same time, all the news sites trying to get info on why there was a police presence at our house to remove dad and Spencer on Wednesday..."

"Shit, that got out?" Jo asks as she does up her seatbelt beside Michael.

"Ya, and it's blowing up. So the two of you spend the next twenty minutes getting out of the rose colored bubble you've put yourselves in. Because you go back to LA for interviews and album prep, and you're on your way to Seattle to win two games and go to the WNBA Finals, which also means interviews. No need for either of you to be caught off guard and say something stupid."

"Ya." Jo sighs, leaning into Michael's shoulder as she pulls out her phone, opening twitter for the first time in days. Usually she'd check it for highlights after a game, but Wednesday had gone a little different than most post-game plans do.

"I guess start with that article." Michael mumbles into her hair, pointing to the first one to pop up in her notifications, feeling her nod softly as she clicks on it.

Las Vegas' Sweetheart and all her Sweethearts

Wednesday night in Las Vegas was set to be hot as the Las Vegas Aces hosted the Seattle Storm in game two of the second round of the WNBA Playoffs. Game one had been played on Sunday and the Storm took home a win on the Aces' court. And the Aces were out for revenge, wanting to win game two to keep the Storm from going home up two games in the three of five series. What the team didn't expect was to walk into game two with two of Jordan Plum's old love interests sitting courtside.

San Antonio Spurs junior executive, Spencer Wilkinson, was the first to arrive, walking into the arena half an hour before the game was due to start, alongside Plum's father, Chicago Bulls executive, William Plum. Wilkinson and Plum's dating history goes back to her college days, the two having met during her Junior season at Washington State University. They began dating early in her senior season and moved to San Antonio, Texas together after Wilkinson was hired by the Spurs organization and Plum was drafted by the Stars. Their relationship took a hit when Plum moved to Las Vegas with the franchise in 2018, having been sold and rebranded as the Aces. The couple announced via social media that they had gone separate ways about eight months after the franchise sale.