[Highschool AU Series](Episode 1): |Ridiculous Misunderstandings|

<I have decided to start a small series of 'episodes' for a Highschool AU that I've come up within my loneliest hours of school.

Yes, I'm making more than one 'episode', you don't have to ask me for a part two, or blah blah blah.

I will be using my Peppermint headcannon for Bloodmoon so that he can be two separate people for 2× the chaotic gremlin shit >:]
And no, I'm not coming up with human names for them because that takes actual brain power that my demented mind doesn't have- and it's way easier to understand who's who and who's talking/doing something, you know??

The Y/n is going to be female with they/them pronouns and it won't be pointed out very much so that it's mostly Neutral for everyone! The ages of everyone is going to be 16-17 until the timeline moves on. I will attempt to have it a slow burn love but still have jokingly romantic moments and platonic fluff because it's my specialty :)

<WARNINGS: SLIGHT CURSING, JOKINGLY SUGGESTIVE THEMES, ALSO! BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET CAUGHT LAUGHING TO LOUD AT NIGHT, IN SCHOOL, OR WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING WORK! (I know many things 🤭😇)>

You sigh through your mask as you trot into the school through the gently falling snowflakes. The sidewalk was really slippery but you managed to stay upright with only a few, slightly embarrassing slip ups.
Stepping into the school building, the chilly breeze halts its attack and the somewhat icy carpet prevents you from slipping in the long run.

You were careful not to misstep on the damp stairs and pulled out your student ID for a staff member to scan.
Once past that, you make your way over to your new homeroom.
As a surprise you were slightly earlier than others (even though it's the first day of getting back to school) so you took off your backpack, setting it on the floor next to you and leaned against the wall slipping down to sit lazily.

<I refuse to make this into one of those cliche af scenes where the main character is late to their first day of school and stuffs toast into their mouth as they run to class.
And you can't change my mind.>

You whip out your trusty phone, plug in your earbuds and start playing Cats&Soup and Rainy Attic to pass the time.
You hummed along with the tune in the background quietly as you played.

Your attention was ripped away from your phone as the teacher came down the hallway, their keys jingling as they practically wrestled with the problematic doorknob.

You got up from the floor and approached the somewhat amusing spectacle. "I'll help."

The teacher steps away from the door awkwardly with a thankful smile gracing her face. "Oh thanks, I've been meaning to have someone replace the doorknob but I keep forgetting."

The corners of your eyes wrinkle slightly as you wear a small smile under your mask.
"No problem Ms. Azalea."

Her eyes widen slightly in delight. "Ah, you already know my name? I bet you must be a very intellectual student!"

You bashfully shrug then smoothly open the door and hold it open for her  to head inside. "I just try to remember names beforehand so that's it's less awkward later."

She enters the dark classroom and flicks the lights on. "Smart!"

You grab your backpack from against the wall and flip down the doorstand so that the door stays open for any incoming students.
You glance around the room and choose a seat at a table farther down in the front where it is has a nonchalant vibe.