Chapter 1: First Sight

Kelley's POV
2007

"Come on Kelley we're gonna be late for kickoff"

"I'm coming Chris wait up!"

I ran out to the tunnel where both teams were lining up ready to go and play. The Tar Heels were a tough team so we knew we had to give our all.

I stood at the back of the line with Christen in front of me as we walked out. The fans blaring in my ears.

I shook hands with the refs and walked to take kickoff since we won the coin toss.

I looked towards the wings where I saw North Carolina's star winger this season. She's scored 16 goals and assisted 8 in just 13 games. I knew I had to track back at certain points to keep her from having the ball.

Minutes later, I received the ball and stormed through the middle. My right foot has always been my stronger foot so I struck it through the ball towards the upper 90. Watching as it began to sail in the keeper's gloves sailed up and got a hand to it.

Sighing, I prepared for the corner by the penalty spot, 'Star Winger' marking me tightly.

Giving me a shove, I grunted.

"You could keep your hands off" I said annoyed.

"Or I could foul you even worse"

I turn to look at her as the ball sails into the box. I run and attack the ball with my head. I scream in excitement as I open up the scoring, whilst ending up at the bottom of the dog pile, my team has formed.

The game restarts as I continue to press forward.

Half time comes around and we go into the changing rooms.

"You looked a bit starstruck out there at Whitlock Kel" Christen laughs.

"I did not. She kept pushing me"

"You probably deserved it"

Hallie's POV

"Keep going Hal you'll equalise soon" My teammate consoles me.

"Its so frustrating that forward has me covered all the time"

"Use your legs and have confidence, you've done it the best in the States this season" She urges me on.

I can do this. She hasn't got anything on me.

I go back out there pumped as Stanford's no.19 smirks at me. Sending her one back, I run towards the left wing jumping high.

The whistle blows and I pace myself as I intercept a soft pass and wriggle my way through the defence. One on one with the keeper is my speciality as I draw her out and chip it up over her head.

I run back to my position high fiving my teammates on the way.

I send the no.19 another smirk trying to throw her off.

Which clearly works because she is taken off in the next 10 minutes.

The game ends 1-1 with both mine and Girl Full of Smirks goals.

"Just go talk to her" says Coach.

"Who?" I reply.

"You know who I mean Whitlock."

I sigh as I shake Stanford's hands before walking down the tunnel.

"Wait up!"

"What do you want Girl Full of Smirks?"

"My name's Kelley. Kelley O'Hara."

"Hallie. Hallie Whitlock." I reply. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to shower."

"Just give me a minute." Kelley asks desperate.

"For what? And you've already had one." I say walking into my locker room.