Chapter 20: Snowy Flights

Christen's POV

"What the hell just happened?" Ali asks.

"I think Kelley tricked her into singing."

"She's really good at it, she was hitting those high notes and everything. A proper natural."

"Am I the only one who's noticed them being really close and touchy?" Ashlyn asks leaning back on the bed.

"How have you not? Hallie was practically on top of Kelley today." Pinoe answers.

"It was cute though." I say.

"Hallie and Kelley, sitting in a tree-"

"You don't even know if she's gay."

"Trust me she's on the gaydar." Ash promises.

"Ash, stop it. You know she's never defined her sexuality." Ali scolds.

"They can be touchy and still be friends." Becky reasons. "Take Ali and Ash for example, you guys told us you weren't dating for years when all you would do is touch."

"She's right, you guys cant speculate until they say it themselves." Tobin agrees.

"Toby! You definitely see a spark between them, you can't deny the way they look at eachother."

"I never said I didn't." She smirks as screams can be heard from outside the ajar door.

Sonnett rushes up to the door, giggling. Peering around the corner, I see Hallie is on top of Kelley, tickling her.

"God, they've definitely fallen for each other." Sonnett laughs, as more and more of the girls come out to see the commotion.

"Oh my god!" Pinoe shouts making us all turn and face her.

"It's snowing!" Ash adds.

"No, no, no, no..." Hallie comes round the corner, standing in the doorway.

"What's wrong Lee?"

"See what I mean?" Sonnett says.

"Not the time." Rose says shushing her.

"My flights going to get cancelled."

"It's fine. Jill or the staff can book you on a different one, they'll probably already have it covered." Becky reassures her.

"No, I have to get on that flight." Hallie rushes to say, losing her breath.

"Hallie calm down, take a deep breath." Ali takes a step towards her. "Everyone out."

Everyone but Kelley and Ali leaves as Hallie sits down on her bed, hands starting to sweat. "Kelley that includes you."

"I'm staying."

Ali sits behind Hallie, holding her head up, stroking her fingers softly through the younger girls hair. "You're okay."

Kelley watches from afar as Ali continues to whisper sweet nothings to Hallie, calming her down slowly. Kelley had noticed the fear of the girl having to control everything she could. She just didn't know it could get this bad. She was scared. Scared for the blonde who she had come so close with in such a short amount of time.

"She's asleep."

"I can tell, her breathings evened out, I don't know what happened but she'll probably only sleep for two hours and then go on the balcony. I can go out and find out what's wrong and-"

"No Kel. She'll sleep through till her flight now." Ali says beginning to fold all the clothes in drawers, into Hallie's plain suitcase.

Confused, Kelley offers, "Want me to help?"