Chapter 13: Roommates

Hallie's POV

"You have no idea how nice it is to see you again."

I pull her into a hug. "I can't wait to spend the next two weeks with you."

"Come on, let's head to the hotel. Otherwise, Jill will think I kidnapped you." She laughs. "Anyone your excited to see?"

"Ash and Crystal obviously because I haven't seen them in the longest time, and Mal." I say with a smile.

"I'm sure they're all excited to see you too, I know Ash is, she wouldn't stop talking about you." Ali laughs.

"I'm sure she'll be glad to know I've missed her too."

"Have you got any of your kit yet?" She asks.

"Jill told me, I'd get it when I arrived. Which is why I am wearing the most basic thing ever." I say making Ali look at my outfit. "Eyes on the road."

Ali laughs.

"Seriously Ali, I don't want to die."

"You're in safe hands, and I like basic."

"True, it means I'll fit in." I say.

Ali gives me a weird look. "You're new here, you're definitely not going to fit in."

I groan. "Thanks a lot."

"It's fine Hal, just be you. Everyone loves you when you are."

"Okay. Just be me, got it."

"Don't overthink it too much." Ali says as we pull up at the hotel.

"Give me a tissue, my hands are sweating."

"Isn't a towel going to help?" She questions.

"Does it look like I have a towel right now?"

She laughs before giving me a tissue.

"Ready to head in?"

"No, what are we doing first?" I question.

"I think Jill said you could head to your room first. I know you'd like to know who your rooming with, but I have no clue."

"Just great." I mumble.

Ali gets out the car and grabs my suitcases before giving it to me.

"Thank you."

We make the walk to the front desk in silence, before I grab my keycard.

513.

"Your lucky number." Ali smiles.

"What?"

"The keycard number, its your lucky number."

"Oh yeah, I guess it is." I smile.

As we reach my door, I pull Ali into a hug.

"Thank you for picking me up, I've missed you a lot."

"I know you have Hal, team meetings at 3:30, make sure you're there and Jill will give you the schedule then."

I nod at her and smile, as she walks to her own room.

"Can't be that bad." I mumble before walking in.

I head into the room, relief washing over me, as there is no one in the room.

I choose the bed closest to the window, hoping the person I'm rooming with won't mind.

I check my phone seeing it is, 1:30pm.

Biting my nails, not quite sure what to do for the next two hours. Knowing that if I left the room, I might possibly bump into someone.