Chapter 8: Letting Loose

Hallie's POV

"That video you sent me was so funny. Is that your sister?" Ali questions.

"Yeah, her name's Taylor, I was hoping you'd show Alex."

"Of course I did, she laughed, asked me who you were."

"What did you say?" I question.

"Told her you were a teammate, a good one at that, and that you were very talented."

"Catch me Hayley, I'm gonna faint." I say as Hayley walks in. "Joking, Taylor probably would though."

Ali laughs.

"Who's Taylor?" Hayley asks.

"My sister." I say.

"Oh cool, you never talked about having a sister."

"You never asked." I smirked.

"Tell me more about her then."

"Well her name's Taylor Marie, she lives with my Dad, obsessed with music and obviously she loves Alex Morgan. Homeschooled, has a good set of friends though, they're always out on the beach or partying somewhere. Kinda makes me want a life like that."

"Without any football?" Ali questions.

"I don't know. I guess maybe. I haven't really thought about a life without football and with how well my career is doing I'm not sure I want to just give up on it."

"Not everything has to be about what brings the money in, make sure to have fun once in a while. When you decide to think about it a little more make sure it comes from this." She says pointing to my heart. "And not your head."

"I agree." Hayley says.

I smile at the girls before pulling my boots on and heading out to warm up for training.

Ending training in a scrimmage, my team ended up winning 4-3 with either Me or Hayley contributing to every goal. Some could say we were unstoppable on the pitch.

"Team bonding tonight anyone?" I ask.

"I didn't expect you to take my advice anytime soon Whitlock." Ali laughs.

"Team bonding or not Ali?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Jeez, yes our place everyone."

"Meet at 4:30!"

"You really had to volunteer our place didn't you Ali." I say as we get in the car.

"This is your way to start living your life the way you want Hal."

"I know. I understand."

After arriving home, taking showers and getting dressed into jeans and a top we both sat down on the couch with Ashlyn and Crystal.

"The girls will be here any minute, we still haven't planned what we're doing." Crystal asks.

"Pool party?" I question.

"Quick Ali, message the girls to bring swimsuits."

"You have good ideas some times Whitlock." Ash smiles at me.

"Thanks I guess?"

—————————————————————————

After pushing Hayley into the pool, I jump in right behind her.

"You cheeky bitch." Hayley replies laughing.

Meanwhile, everyone around the pool are laughing at us.

Hayley tries to dunk my head underwater but I'm one step ahead of her. Swerving out of the way, I swim under water until I come up behind her and pull her under.

She resurfaces once I let her go, shaking her hair off from the chlorine.

"I'll get you back one day Whitlock."

"I'd like to see you try." I say smirking.

"Remind me to never get on Hallie's bad side when we are around water." One of the girl's say causing me to laugh.

"Hey Hallie? Can I ask you a few questions?" I hear someone ask whilst getting on a floaty.

"Go ahead, I'm an open book."

Ali scoffs. "Yeah right."

"You just never ask questions Ali."

"When's your birthday?"

"April 30th, and I want juicier questions than that"

"One person to have dinner with, dead or alive"

I think for a second. "Taylor Swift."

I hear a few of the girls cheer.

"That reminds me, Ali put some music on."

"Favourite Taylor Swift song?" Crystal asks.

"the 1 or Better Than Revenge."

"Good choices."

"Who are you most proud of?"

"Myself and my sister." I say without thinking.

"Any reasons?" Someone asks.

"I've moved out of the country, my parents live in two different countries, I put my own fears aside to be here. So I'm pretty proud of myself for doing that. And my sister because she's my sister, who isn't proud of their sister. Taylor can be pretty annoying but she's the best thing to ever happen to me."

"That's cute, I wish Kyle talked about me like that." Ali mumbles.

I laugh. "I'm sure he feels the same way inside Ali."

"If you could leave a 'mark on the world' that everybody knew you because of, what would it be?"

"Good question. Maybe scoring a winning goal of a final?"

"No." I say thinking about what me and Ali talked about. "Someone once told me, that I needed to listen to my heart, and not my head. I think I'd like to be known for having a good balance of football and being myself and having fun. Taking time to myself even if I'm in the best stage of my career. I come way before my career. My family comes before football. But the most important thing I'd like to be known for is that I lived my life. To the fullest it could of ever been. Travelling the world, taking it all in. Meeting new people, taking opportunities I would of never of thought of." I finish.

"Wow."

I let out a nervous laugh before jumping off the pool floaty.

"The scars of your love they leave me breathless!" I sing as Adele plays.

Soon enough, everyone is in the pool or around the pool singing Rolling in the Deep by Adele.