Chapter 19: Sing-Songs

Hallie's POV

Losing to France, only made us more prepared for our next games. Christen's goal was the difference in our Spain game. Although, they were only friendlies, it gets the team ready for upcoming tournaments. It also gave me a chance to show my ability.

We had one more day in Michigan, before I flew back to Manchester tomorrow morning.

It was set to snow overnight and I was unsure about my plane. The girls had reassured me that I would be fine, but I couldn't help worrying.

The team had planned, to have a movie day, so when me and Kelley woke up we both grabbed pillows and blankets.

"What's your favourite movie?"

"I'm not a big fan of movies to be honest, so I'm kind of excited to see what the girls pick." I say as we walk towards the conference room.

"That's a crime Lee. How can you not like movies?"

"I can't sit still for ages, I have to be doing something."

Entering the room, there's no one here, making Kelley groan. "Why do you always have to make me early?"

"It's a habit." I laugh. "We also get the best seats."

"Oh my god, yes!" Kelley says rushing straight to the middle.

"You're such a child." I say making her pout.

Moments later, the rest of team get comfy.

"What movie first?" Becky asks.

"Let the rookie choose." Rose says.

Putting my head in my hands, Kelley whispers in my ear. "Just say The Parent Trap." I look up at her having no clue what movie that is. She grins right back at me.

"The Parent Trap?" I say uncertain.

"Of course." Becky smiles. "Have you watched it before?"

I shake my head. "I think you'll like it."

Two hours later, Kelley asks me, "What'd you think?"

"You idiot." I say wide-smile. "You knew exactly what you were doing."

"I'm picking next!" Mal shouts. "Moana."

"That's a good choice."

"What a team of kids." I say causing Mal to pout.

"Says the one that sang One Direction every time we went to training together." She says sticking her tongue out at me.

"Taylor's better." I say copying her actions.

"You're both kids." Ash reconciles.

"Ali, make her stop being mean." I frown.

"No can do, Hallie." I bury myself further into Kelley, trying to act like I'm upset.

"You've made her upset now." Kelley says, catching on.

I stifle a laugh.

"She looks quite comfortable crying into Kelley." Sonnett jokes.

—————————————————————————

Hours later, we had all watched many movies. From romance, to Disney, to comedy, to horror.