Chapter 11: New Contract

Hallie's POV
January 2019

"Hey! Welcome to the team. You don't have to worry about being new or anything, we're all new here." Katie Zelem says.

"If you want we can give you a tour before you sign a contract." Mollie Green offers.

"That'd be nice thank you." I smile. "By any chance do you guys know who I'm staying with?"

"It could be me and Mollie." Ella Toone adds.

"Yeah, we do have a spare bedroom."

"Okay, I guess it can't be too bad whoever I stay with." I say wiping the palms of my hands on the back of my joggers.

"I love how your 28 and still get nervous, but don't worry I'm pretty sure we all felt like that on our first days here." Katie laughs.

"I know I did." Mollie adds.

"We can head to the training pitch first if you'd like?" Katie questions.

"Sure."

"What's your family like?"

"My Mum lives in Liverpool and my Dad lives in Barcelona with my sister Taylor."

"I'd love to live in Barcelona, the sun, the beaches." Ella smiles.

As we reach the training pitch, I see two girls on either end practicing.

"That's Millie Turner on the left, Kirsty Hanson on the right."

"We're all quite close with the both of them, including Leah Galton." Mollie says.

"Do you think they'd mind if we practiced with them?" I ask.

Katie checks the time on her phone before saying "I think they'll want to test your skills."

"That's fine by me." I laugh.

Ella calls both girls over.

"Scrimmage?" Millie says reading my mind.

"Of course."

"Katie you can be a captain, and new girl I didn't catch your name you can be one too."

"Millie are you joking? That's Hallie Whitlock. 47 goals in 53 games Washington Spirit kind of a big superstar." Kirsty says making me blush.

"I pick Kirsty I like her already." I say making everyone laugh.

"Mollie."

"Ella."

"Guess that leaves me with you, Mil." Katie says.

"Don't pretend like you don't love me."

I team huddle with Kirsty and Ella finding out where everyone wants to play. I volunteer to play defence seeing as we're all attackers. Kirsty upfront and Ella in midfield.

We let their team start, as they start to drive forwards. Ella follows Mollie's movements before pouncing on the ball and slotting it nicely through to Kirsty. Kirsty then taps it into the goal.

Celebrating she mocks Millie in her face. I laugh at these girls realising I shouldn't have worried too much.

"Get used to it Whitlock, these girls will become your second family soon enough." Katie smiles at me.

I reciprocate the smile as a response before calling for the ball to restart the game.

I decide to solo run, putting the ball through Katie's legs, tricking Mollie and coming face to face with Millie.

Putting my foot on the ball, I pretend to stop as she straightens to look up at me. Taking my opportunity I sprint straight round her with the ball, before slotting into neatly into the bottom left corner.