Chapter 16: Workout

Kelley's POV

Once everyone had left, I look back at Hallie who was spread across her bed. Face down.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Tired." I hear her mumble into her bed.

"Okay, I'm just going to shower, feel free to get changed and go to sleep." I say grabbing my stuff and heading into the bathroom.

After I was finished, I dried off a bit, before slipping into sleeping shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

Walking out, I noticed Hallie was still face down on the bed, unmoved. I could hear from the way her breathing was evened out, that she was asleep.

Deciding not to wake her up, I placed a blanket over her, turning the lights off and getting into bed.

Hallie's POV

Waking up, I realised I had fallen asleep without changing, leaving me feeling rather embarrassed.

Fumbling for my phone in the dark, I checked the time.

Great.

Slowly and quietly, opening the balcony door, trying not to disturb Kelley. The sun would be starting to rise soon, so I made myself comfortable.

"Hallie! What are you doing out there?" Someone shouts causing me to wake up.

Looking out over the city, I notice the sun already risen.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath.

"You're shivering! How long were you out there for?"

"I don't know. It's not that big of a deal." I mumble.

"Run a hot shower, before we have to leave for breakfast." Kelley orders giving me a glare.

I don't respond just instead throw a glare back, before heading into the bathroom.

"How much time do I have?" I shout.

"20 minutes!"

Turning the shower on full blast, I stand under it, for a few minutes. Thinking about my first day.

Snapping out of it, I knew I needed to head to breakfast soon.

Rinsing my hair out after putting shampoo in and washing my body, was all I did before wrapping a towel around my cold body.

Walking out the bathroom, since I had left my clothes in the bedroom, I realised Kelley wasn't here.

Changing into more layers, to add extra warmth. I put some fluffy socks on with my trainers, before grabbing my keycard and heading to breakfast.

"Hey Whitlock, come sit with us!" Kelley shouts.

I roll my eyes at her before grabbing a bread roll and a banana.

"This seat free?" I ask Alex.

"Sure." She smiles. "Kelley wants you here anyway."

"What Alex means is we're glad to have you at our table." Allie grins.

"I'm loving your extra layers, Hallie." Kelley snickers as I shoot her a glare.

"What have you done now, Hal?" Ali questions.

"Not much I would of been too worried about." I say innocently.

"It could of been a life or death moment." Kelley says dramatically.

"Are you being serious?" I say trying to hide my laugh.

"Yes."

"Oh my god." I say facepalming.

"Context?" Ash begs.

"I fell asleep on the balcony, Kelley found me, ordering me to take a hot shower."

"I didn't know how long you were out there for."

"2 hours maybe?" I hesitate.

"That's typical Hallie, but you need to be more careful." Ali says scolding me.

"Okay, Mom."

By the time I'd finished my food, everyone was still chatting and eating.

"I didn't think you guys wanted me to save my food." I mumble.

"What did you say?" Kelley asks.

"Oh, nothing." I say smirking.

"You really love to wind her up."

"Got to keep her in check."

As I was laughing with the girls on my table, a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I quickly relax, and breathe in her scent.

"Hey Mal-Pal."

"Hey." She mumbles sitting in my lap.

"I've never seen Mal so clingy with someone." Allie jokes.

"You were never at the Spirit." Ali says rolling her eyes. "It was like mother and daughter duo."

"And you were the Grandma." Mal mumbles into my chest, causing me to laugh.

"Thanks, Mal." Ali groans.

I zone out for a bit, until I hear my name being called.

I turn and see Dawn waving me over.

"Sorry Mal, got to go." I say pulling her off me.

Heading over to Dawn, I wipe my palms on the back of my joggers.

"You need to do fitness tests, this morning." She smiles.

"That's fine by me. I'll go get changed. Do you want me to meet you in the gym in ten?" I ask.

"Yes that's lovely, no ones ever really as excited as you are." She laughs.

"I'm not excited, just want to get out there and train. So the quicker I can do that, the better."

"I like you already."

"Thank you."

I get changed into more gym suitable clothes, not caring about layers, knowing I'd be sweating by the end.

I take a steady breath, before entering the gym. Reminding myself who the fuck I am.

Coming in, I smile at Dawn and get ready to begin.

"Yes Hallie! You're doing great! Just a few more."

I push myself through my last set, before lying down on the cold floor to steady myself.

"When you're ready, you can shower and go watch the last bit of the girl's training." Dawn smiles.

"Thank you." I breathe out before checking my watch.

I quickly get up, and head to the lockers, wanting to make a good impression.

Heading out to the pitch, I wish I was on, I notice a scrimmage happening.

Seeing Mal celebrate after scoring a wonder goal on Ash, makes me smile. When she notices me, she makes a heart and smiles.

I reciprocate both, before shouting some words of encouragement to the other team.

"Nice to see you out here." Jill says putting her hand on my back.

"They're going to be my team after all." I smile.

"I'm excited to see you out there tomorrow."

"I'm excited to get out there too."

"Good, that's what I like to here."