Chapter 3: Celebrations

Hallie's POV
2014

One thing I've learnt about this team is that we never give up. I look at Lucy as she's celebrating our Women's Super League 2013/2014 win. I smile with pride thinking about this team.

As we lift the trophy I can't help but laugh at how so much can change in a year. Last season we finished 8th and now we've just won the league. I didn't speak to anyone when I first joined and now I meet the team outside of training more than I ever thought I would.

There's loads of international friendlies happening soon and a lot of the girls have been called up.

As much as I love to play football, international football is something I can't stand.

"Hal, are you okay?" Lucy questions.

"Oh yeah sorry, I just got wrapped up in my thoughts" I apologise.

"Come on baby. We need to celebrate, we just won the league!"

"Yes!" I shout excited.

We celebrate for hours, on the pitch, in the changing rooms, on the bus, in the hotel. Everywhere we can.

I flip my phone over to check my notifications scrolling past my family congratulating me.

Mum: I'm so proud of you baby girl. You deserve this. Take some time to yourself and make sure to reflect on how well you've done. I love you x

Dad: Immensely proud of you. Come see me soon, missing you lots x

@username followed you.

What the hell?

At least I barely post anything.

"Hal, want a sip?" Lucy offers, holding a champagne bottle.

I don't even respond just chug, feeling the sensations I'm going to regret tomorrow.

"Wowwww, miss wild girl out here!" Lucy shouts, and I can tell she is drunk.

She pecks the corner of my mouth before walking off the bus and into the hotel.

I laugh and follow her.

Rooming on my own can be pretty lonely, but its overall awesome for nights like these when I just want to sleep.

I strip off my Liverpool clothes and get changed into sweats before brushing my teeth.

As I get under the covers, banging on the door can be heard.

I groan as I get up and open the door.

"Hallie, you need to come party!"

"Lucy I just want some sleep, okay?" I answer tired.

"You scored 19 goals this season and you think I'm going to let you sleep?"

"Yes?" I answer uncertain.

"Absolutely not, Miss Whitlock." Lucy replies with a wink.

I groan playfully as I grab my keycard and take hold of her hand.

We get in the elevator and head into the party.