Chapter 5: New Beginnings

Hallie's POV
January 2015

My contract is up and Liverpool have decided they don't want to renew it. I think it's a bit dumb since I've produced the most goals for them in the two years I've been here.

I'm sat weighing up my options. I could stay in Europe, go to Australia or what I'm most leading to right now, head to America.

I loved playing there in college and it's a new challenge.

Someone knocks at the door "Hey, can I come in?"

"Sure." I say as I close up my folder.

Lucy walks in and I smile.

"Where are you planning on going?" She questions.

I bite my lip. "Overseas?"

"If that's what you want to do then I'm happy." She replies.

"There's one thing though." She nods so I continue, " I've never been good at long distance, you saw that when we saw my family in Spain."

"All can I ask is that you try." Lucy responds looking nervous.

"Anything for you." I respond pecking her lips.

—————————————————————————

Game day. This is my last game with the club and although it's sad they made it clear they don't want me here. I've become a lot closer to the girls and they're friendships I'll keep for a long time.

At the full time whistle, I look around at my teammates and realise what it feels like to have a family. New girls come in each season, but it's still the same old feeling.

The game isn't always about winning like we did today, it's about coming together and working as a team. Showing people what your made of.

Heading down the tunnel, I quickly slip into the shower and clean myself all over.

Once finished I get dressed into Liverpool sweats and head to the bus for the last time.

—————————————————————————

"I'm gonna miss you loads but I know you'll come visit soon, okay?" Lucy says.

"International break, you got it girl" I say winking.

We share a kiss and a long hug before I start making my way towards my gate.

Turning around once more to give Lucy a soft smile and a wave.

God I'm going to miss the girl.

Boarding my flight, I'm starting to feel the excitement of joining a new club, forgetting about all my previous worries.

When I arrive at the house, Ali Krieger is there to welcome me.

"Hi! It's so nice to have you on the team, I'm Ali but I bet you already knew that. Ashlyn and Crystal are just inside."

"Thank you, Hallie but I bet you already knew that too." I laugh nervously.

Ali smiles and steps to the side so I can come through.

Ash comes running down the hall.

"Hi! Me and Crystal are just making pancakes you're welcome to join."

"Ash give her some space and show her to her room." Crystal calls from the kitchen.

"Oh right yes, come on this way." Ash leads me upstairs.

I go in and dump my stuff, "Thank you."

"You can take a nap if you want I know you had a long journey."

"I think I will." I say with a laugh.

Ash leaves and I get changed into warmer clothes.