Chapter 6 e

~~~ Nang

Nang stared at the scroll after Jim had read it and had to wonder why she was invited to the Mystic's caravan.  She traded looks with Dan and he had to shrug.  When Saulo came out after Jim called him they took the capes they were handed.  After putting them on they followed him out of the tent.

The walk was a bit of a ways and as Nang looked around she was honestly surprised at the number of people in the tribe.  When she thought of a tribe she tended to think of at most a hundred people but looking around she guessed there was maybe a thousand people.  The fact that most of them weren't human was so odd.  There were at least five different races or types that she could see at the moment.

Eventually they reached the Mystic's tent and Saulo lightly knocked on the opening to the caravan.  "Sir I have brought Nang and Dan as requested."  He waited for a reply since he didn't know if the man was sleeping or not.

There was a heavy cough from inside before the Mystic spoke.  "Thank you Saulo and you can leave now.  Nang and Dan if you would please come in?"  The caravan wasn't all that large and neither was the tent.

Nang walked in first and then Dan followed.  The man was lying in bed and was looking pale and tired.  He coughed again and then smiled at her.  "Thank you for coming young lady.  Come sit on the edge of the bed."  He patted the edge.

"I felt something in you when you came to Moran's tent.  I needed to make sure of what I felt so if you don't mind I need to touch your forehead for a moment."  He reached up and pressed a finger between her eyes on her forehead.  He concentrated what powers he had left and then lowered his hand.

"Nang you have the makings of a Mystic.  I can feel it in your spirit and your aura.  Would you be willing to become a mystic?"  If she accepted he was going to give her his memories of what he had learned over the years.

Nang felt something when he touched her forehead and warmth flowed through her.  "I don't quite understand sir.  I am from a different world so how can I have what you are looking for in a mystic?"  She was definitely confused by what she had felt and what he was saying.

He gave her a warm smile.  "It is part of who you are and not where you are from.  I am sure over the years you have noticed that you sometimes just know thing.  An example is when your lovely girls were younger you knew when they were doing something that would get them in trouble.  That was the part of you that would make a good mystic."  He turned and coughed into a cloth for a moment.  "Will you accept becoming a mystic?  It is vital that you say yes or no and mean it."

Nang looked at Dan and all he could do was shrug.  "If you feel what he is saying is true and it is calling you then accept."  For the moment he was positive that they weren't going back any time soon and they might as well find a spot in the tribe to fill.

She nibbled on a knuckle and closed her eyes and thought for several minutes and Dan was right.  She was feeling a pull towards the old man.  It was hard to describe but it almost felt like her spirit wanted to accept the offer.  There was silence in the room for about twenty minutes before she opened her eyes and looked at the old man.  "Yes I accept this offer of yours.  What do I need to do?"

The Mystic looked at her and smiled again.  "First there is a document on my desk.  When I am done take it to Moran."  He coughed again and could feel his spirit longing to be released.  "I am going to transfer my knowledge to you.  This is how the Mystic trains apprentices.  As you practice and learn slowly more knowledge will come to you."  Before she could respond he took her hand and let his spirit take over.

Nang froze in place.  When she came back to herself she didn't have any idea how long she had been gone.  Dan was sitting in a chair looking slightly concerned and then pleased when she opened her eyes and smiled at him.