Epilogue

Back at the camp the survivors of the attack were being treated by Lia and the rest of the medical staff.  Dan was up to his elbows in blood as well since he was using his medical background to help.  They were still looking for survivors of the attack.  The body count wasn't going to be huge all things considered but for this world it was going to be heavy.  Chances were good they would be there for a while as Nasha's pack was healing.  Dan contemplated that as he turned the person he was working on over to an assistant to suture up.

About then the world seemed to waver for a few moments and then settle down.  Right about then Sorrel screamed 'JAMES' and collapsed.  His other ladies did as well and Dan knew he was gone.  What had happened he didn't know but assumed it was something to do with the portal between dimensions and all he could hope was that it was now sealed.

~~~

It was close to a year since Jim had vanished.  They had kept hoping that he would appear but if he did there was no telling where he might appear.  As it happened Sheeha had gotten pregnant and when she delivered a little boy she named him Jim.  When they met with Chief Piquel it was going to be a sad meeting since Jim wasn't able to present the child to him.

When they arrived and set the camp up it was a quiet affair.  This had been the place Jim had been presented his warrior necklace and fought Piquel.  It was also very close to the time that the tribe had been attacked and where Jim had taken charge of Alon.  As she was thinking about this Piquel approached.

"Sheeha, Alon, it is good to see you.  Where is Jim?  I came over to say hello but nobody will say anything about it."  He had a good feeling that Jim had died somehow which saddened him.

Sheeha turned to him and moved over and wrapped her arms around him and started crying.  "Yim is dead as far as we can tell.  Nasha's pack was attacked by people from his world and in the middle of the attack they vanished.  I really miss him Chief."  She leaned into him for a few minutes before the baby started crying in the back sling.

"I would like to present our cub Chief.  This is Yames and I am going to present him tonight.  As of now Alon and I wish to stay with Chief Moran's tribe.  Alon has taken responsibility for Jim's family though he has some growing to do."

Piquel sighed when she told him Jim was dead.  "We will honor him tonight then.  I am pleased to meet your cub and I accept your staying here with Alon."  He squatted down in front of Alon and smiled.  "I am proud of you son.  Take care of them and if you need anything contact me." 

Alon nodded at the Chief.  "I will do my best in honor of Poppe Yim.  Thank you for allowing us to remain.  I would feel bad leaving my family."  He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around the Chief and started sobbing into his shoulder.