Chapter 47

*** Reece's POV***

I knew something was wrong from the very beginning of the week. I hadn't expected this though. I had woken up before Lauren which was unheard of. Throughout our whole relationship she was always up before me without exceptions until today. On top of that, since the first incident with the vomiting at the beginning of the week Lauren had spent most days and nights in the toilet vomiting at random times. At first I suspected a stomach bug but after eight days of continually nausea I knew something was up. It was taking it's toll she's been pale and obviously exhausted. I have been very close to demanding she go to the doctors but she hardly makes it to the car before her stomach turns. I keep wondering if she has eaten something bad. As I thought about the idea, Lauren shifted next to me with a groan.

"Babe?" I asked quietly as not to startle her awake. I learned that the hard way a while ago, that Lauren did not take well to being startled awake, even if it was just a prank. Lauren shifted and turned away from me before snapping awake and bolting from the bed to the bathroom. When I followed her, she was on her knees in front of the toilet, vomiting what little was left in her stomach form her latest bout of nausea. She was hunched over holding her stomach as she rested her head against the cold porcelain. I knelt down beside my girl rubbing her back.

"Lauren, are you okay?" I could have slapped myself because no of course she wasn't okay if she was currently vomiting into the toilet and groaning. Lauren of course shook her head. "Stomach hurts," She grunted out through gritted teeth, "feel sick." She let out a high while as she groaned and slumped farther down on the ground.

Now I was seriously worried. People don't get this sick from eating something bad. Even a stomach bug doesn't hit as hard as this. There was something else going on her. Something was seriously wrong and I desperately racked my brain for an answer but came up short.

"How about you go lay in bed and I'll call a doctor to come check you over." I suggested as I lead my weakened girlfriend back to bed, trying not to panic as she leaned heavily on me. Lauren was sound asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow, making me frown again because Lauren rarely got tired. She was the one who usually wanted to be out and about and doing things, always full of too much energy. I could only smile at the thought.

The doctor arrived quickly to check out Lauren and ushered both myself and a concerned Jake out of the room, something about Patient-doctor privacy or something. We sat outside the door with a sigh. I tapped out a beat with my foot for about an hour and a half, nearly falling asleep against the door until it quickly opened, nearly making me fall backwards in the opening. It revealed a smiling doctor.

"Lauren is fine. Any questions or concerns just call me. I would like to see her in about eight weeks for a follow-up. She has requested that Reece come in alone at first," the Doctor said with a nod and quickly left through the front door, leaving both Jake and I confused behind him. I knocked on the door and entered to find Lauren staring at her hand with a nervous expression.

I knew that look. That's the look that she had when I told her what happened with Liam, and that look truly terrified me to no end. It's the look she gets every time there is thunder and lightning. Lauren was afraid. I sat down and took her hand getting more worried with each passing minute. I couldn't bear to think that something was seriously wrong with my baby girl.

"Lauren... It's okay whatever you're going to tell me. It won't change how I feel about you or how I see you. Now what did the Doctor say?" I say comfortingly rubbing her hands. She mumbled something underneath his breath. "What was that?"

Finally she sighs and looks at me in the eyes for the first time that morning. "He said I'm pregnant. So basically all the vomiting is severe morning sickness." At those words I stiffened and gaped at her.

"You're what!" I shouted as I jumped to my feet and began to pace in front of the bed. "This can't be happening. No no no no no. I refuse to believe this. How could this happen? What are we going to do? I wo-" I stopped my rant when I saw my girlfriends face.

Lauren had tears streaming down her face and was shaking slightly. When I reached out to touch her, she flinched away. I felt guilt overwhelm me. Most things didn't make Lauren cry, so whether it was an early mood swing or whatever else, it was still not okay. How could I have been so insensitive? Of course she must have been feeling scared too and uncertain and I just made it worse by basically screaming in her face. I knelt down beside her to reassure her.

"Lauren, baby, you know I didn't mean it. It's just a lot to take in and I'm sorry. I'm also scared shitless and I can't even imagine what your feeling right now. I don't know what we are going to do. It's our choice to make whenever you are ready. I do know that I love you and no matter what you choose I will be right here next to you. Plus if anyone is going to be kickass parents it's us."

"You really mean it?" she said uncertainly looking up at me like any second he was going to walk out the door and leave her alone with the baby. And honestly, what kind of man would I be if I did that?

"Of course! This is gonna be fun! We can make the guest room a nursery, throw you a baby shower. Oh! And we can take those classes, you know, that pregnant women take, with deep breathing and stretches and everything. If you want of course." I exclaimed now thinking of the wonderful things. My mom would be so excited that she finally got a cute little granddaughter or grandson to call her own. They could walk her to her first day of Kindergarten and play with her.

Lauren smiled and sprang forward to nuzzle her face into my neck, clearly feeling more relived that I was open to any idea. I rubbed her back with a small laugh, embracing her tightly. And I knew in that moment, that we were both going to be okay.

So I am ending the story here.
All I would like to know now is would you like another story in the future?