Chapter 10

I spent the rest of the night in my room, avoiding the boys, it was obvious they would have heard my breakdown and I wasn't ready to face their looks of pity. Instead I just lay and stared at the ceiling feeling as numb as ever. I couldn't sleep, terrified of what was waiting for me when I closed my eyes. Exhaustion finally took over and I fell into a dreamless sleep. I was woken by my phone buzzing very loudly. I grabbed my phone and squinted at it through sleep deprived eyes. It was a text from Finn. Actually several.

Finn: Wake up.
Finn: WAKE UP!
Finn: Are you alive?
Lauren: I'm alive.
Finn: Good, you remembering the bonfire tonight? You better be coming!
Lauren : I am but I just got to ask my bro, just in case :)

I walked down stairs in search of Jake and found him in the kitchen with Chris and Reece shoveling food down his throat. They were in the middle of a discussion about something I couldn't care less about so I poured myself a cup of coffee then sat nest to Jake. "Morning boys." I mumble.

They all say good morning and go back to their conversation, other than Jake who turned to me and gave me a sympathetic look then asked, "Are you alright?"

I smile brightly at him and say, "I'm great." but he doens't believe me, I can see it in his face. He could always see right through me. "Actually I was wondering if you would mind if i went out with some friends tonight?"

He his shocked I asked him, its written across his face. "What friends?" he asked.

"Finn Monroe, and a couple others." I say as casually as possible.

"Uh sure you can go, but you have to take at least one of the guys with you, I am not having you go alone." I groan.

"Do I have to? I mean I am sixteen, I do not need a babysitter."

"Yes you do, even if you had proved your responsible I'm no trusting any guy I haven't met."

"Mmh, fine. Will you go with me?" I ask sweetly.

"Sorry as much as I would love to, I can't I have to go out."

I thought about the guys which ones would be fun to go with. I would've said Reece but things were weird now. Next choice. "Hey Casey, Barcley, do you want to go to a bonfire with me tonight?"

Chris and Reece look over at me from their conversation. Chris smiling at me but Reece looks pissed and maybe slightly jealous. I brush it off waiting on the reply form the boys.

"Yeah that would be awesome." Said Barclay with a wink. Reece was glaring at him. If looks could kill I'm sure he would be six feet under.

"Sorry I can't Pup." I glare at him for using his stupid nickname. "I wish honestly but I have this boring meeting with Jake."

I petted my lip and looked at him with massive puppy eyes. "Aw now don't look at me like that," he said coming over to hug me. "Just take someone else, Reece could go with you." He suggested. He was just trying to be friendly but I could have honestly hit him over the head in that moment.

I forced a smile and a laugh and let the boys start a conversation while I text Finn.

Lauren: I CAN COME!! but..
Finn: But what?
Lauren: I have to bring babysitters :(
Finn: You have a babysitter?
Lauren: No they are my brother friends he just wont let me come alone.
Finn: Do they not trust us? I swear we don't bight! Much...

I laughed out loud at his text, earning strange looks from Jake and Reece.

Lauren: Haha Its me he doesn't trust lol
Finn: Well any friend of yours is a friend of mine.
Lauren: Okay see you tonight! love ya
Finn: love you too babe, oh and bring a swim suit. ;)

After that I escape the kitchen and go for a shower. I sit in the shower until I'm interrupted by a loud knocking. I quickly get out and wrap my body in a towel. As I open the door, standing in my way is Barclay, he looks me up and down before saying "damn girl." It cause my cheeks to heat up and me to giggle. I just push his shoulder playfully and walk through to my room, feeling his eyes on my ass the whole time. Once I reached the door to my room I quickly twirled around, just like I had expected he hadn't moved from the bathroom door. he blush vibrant red and looked at the floor when he realized he had been caught.

I smiled and said, "Can you drive me to the mall? I need a swim suit I forgot to bring one."

He stuttered out, "Uh.. yeah sure I need a new shirt anyway. Be ready in twenty minutes"