Chapter 21

After calming down and spending a couple of hour frolicking about in the sand with my idiot of a best friend my worries were pushed to the back of my mind. I love Liam he has always been able to do that. Make me feel calm when I am about to explode with anger, make me happy when tears are running down my face and make me laugh when I camt even force myself to smile. I dont think I could have survived today if I didn't have him with me. I don't even want to think about him leaving next week.

Time really does fly when you are having fun because soon we were lying on the sand exhausted after hours of fun and our tummies grumbling is demand of food. No matter how hungry I was feeling I don't think I could face going back to the house, not yet anyway. I checked my phone absentmindedly. Two messages from Jake, a message from Chris and another from Finn. I checked Finns first.

Finn: You up for a good cry and some sad movies. I have pizza and bring ice cream.

Perfect food and I don't have to go back just yet.

Lauren: Sure, be round at your in ten I'm bringing a friend. Are you okay?

Finn: Just a bad day, tell you about it later.

Aw poor Finn.

I check the other messages, Chris just wants to spend a day together, I promise him that tomorrow I am one hundred percent his. Jake freaking our cause he doesnt know where I am. I give him a quick call and tell him where I am going an to tell him to get his panties out of a twist.

With in a matter of ten minutes we are standing at Finn's door iecream and much more in hand. I knock not sire what to expect. The door is opened and a little girl is standing there. She barely looks five six at a push. Her black hair and bright green eyes tell me shes a close relation of Finn's probably a sister considering how strikingly similar they look. She evan has the same mischievous smile and trinkle in her eye. She speaks with a cute angelic voice, "Are you Finnys fwiends?"

I smile at her warmly, "Yeah, thats us."

"Good cause he sad, I dont like when Finny sad, please make him happy." She says her lip slightly petted.

"Yeah I will try munchkin. I pinky promise." I offered her my pinky, she took her much smaller one and wrapped it in mine.

she smiles brightly at this the twinkle is back in her eyes.

"Leela, stop annoying Finn's friends." An elderly woman scolded while she swept Leela off her feet and intk her her arms.

"I wasnt grammy."

"She really wasn't mam she was just telling us about Finn."

"Oh thats okay then as long as she wasn't bothering you." The woman said with a warm smile. "Come on in and head upstairs, he's in his room."

We both smile and thank her before heading upstairs. When we entered Finn's room we saw him sitting in the middle of his bed with red eyes surrounded by a sea of tissues. Finn had always been so upbeat and happy, its hard to believe the sight in front of me.
I rush over and give him a massive hug. "I'm a mess," he finally says.

I wipe a stray tear and said "You are an extremely hot mess though." He chuckled briefly and I saw a flicker of the Finn I knew.

He turned to the door and saw Liam standing there. "Who's your friend, Mandy?"

"My names Liam, and you must be Finn I've been told alot about you." He said with a smirk.

"Well Liam do you care to join us we are going to watch Marley and me, The Notebook, Forrest Gump and My Girl."

We all positioned ourselve comfortably onnthe bed while I empty out the contents of my bag. Three flavours of Ben and Jerrys and three spoons, sour patch kids, chocolate and skittles. I handed each of them a spoon and began to dig into my own. Half way though our movie marathon we were surounded by tissues and sweetie wrapers and pizza. I eventually decided to ask what had gotten him so sad.

"Boys suck." Was his answer. Nothing more, he just put on the next movie. I happen to agree with him boys do suck. I didn't push him to elaborate, when he was ready he would tell me. And half way through the movie he paised it and started to rant.

"Why do people have to lead people on? I mean god it is so frustrating. First you talk to someone constantly then they just drop you. It goes from texting all the time to nothing. Then I find out they have a girlfriend. I mean does his girlfriend know he likes it up the bum. What a dick."

"Isaac?" I asked. Finn just nodds in response. It was the boy he met at that party, he was head over heels in the telling me about every detail. It really did suck cause Finn really did like him. "Oh bae if I see him again, he will lose the ability to have childen." I say truthfully.

"You know what makes everything better? A group hug." Liam says pulling both of us close to his large chest. Its slightly awkward but is nice, I can see Finn smiling slightly. I just wish he had someone he deserved.

We finished our movies and as we said our goodbyes I noticed something very intresting indeed. I noticed some longing stares and wistful glances. Maybe Finn's found someone else quicker than expected. And by the looks of things his feeling are mutual. I shall be doing some investigation into that.