Chapter 5

I sat in wait for Reece in anticipation. The worry was eating away inside of me. What if he told jake? What if he sent me away? In that moment I groaned as my whole body ached with every movement, my head was pounding and my vision blurred. I didnt wait long till a worried looking boy burst through the door. Reece ran over to me and knelt by me. "Lauren what happened to you?" Too loudly for my liking.

I rubbed my temples an mutter, "Not so loud."

"Oh sorry, but please tell me what happened." he said wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Two girls they attacked me, dancing with one of their boyfriends, didn't know, everything hurts." I couldn't string my word together to form sentences. I could feel a lump growing in my throat, I tried to stop the tears from falling but a lone tear escaped and rolled down my cheek.

"Come on, lets take you home." He picked me up and I flinched as my whole body ached. "Sorry lauren, the taxis at the back so it will just take a second to get there."

We arrived the taxi and he placed me in the back seat, strapping me in. He jogged round to the side of the car before jumping in. For the fist five minutes we drove in a comfortable silence. "Thank you for coming for me." I said filling the silence.

"Anything for a damsel in distress." He winked at me and chuckled to himself quietly. For the first time I studied his features. He was effortlessly hot in his sweatpants and tee shirt. He seemed to be a nice guy as well. He was the whole package.

I must have been staring because he cleared his throat waking me up from my daydream. "Sorry I was staring into space. Did you say anything?" Trying to play it cool.

"We are home." He said nodding toward the house in front of us. All the lights in the house were out except two. "Wait, Reece did you tell Jakr?" I question him.

"Uh nope, he was asleep on the couch when I left, why? Do you want me to go get him?" He asked sending me a confused look.

"No! He cant find out about this! This is our secret okay? If he finds out he'll send me away! Reece you have to promise me you won't tell, promise me!" I was panicking as much as I hate being around Jake right now, I would hate me at my grandmothers more.

"Lauren it's okay, I promise not to tell him. Now we need to get you inside and cleaned up and then to bed. Wait there I will be a second while I open the door and then I will come and get you. Okay?"

"Okay." I couldn't help think why was he doing this for me? I mean we met today. I guess hes just one of those good guy who is lovely to everyone. Soon he was carrying me for the second time today into the house. Instead of taking me to my room like I had thought he took me to a room I hadn't been to before. From the clothes lying around the floor and the unmade bed I guessed it was his. I was place onto the bed before he disappeared again but not for long as he returned holding a pair of basketball shorts and a tee shirt. "I will leave you to get changed." I attempted to get my dress off but my body screamed in pain at every movement.

"it's too sore." I sad to him when he returned. "I need help to get it off." I admitted embarrassingly.

"Oh right" He said as he assisted me get my dress off. His cheeks burning red with embarrassment. Why was he embarrassed when I was the one almost naked? He helped me into the tee shirt and shorts.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome." he stuttered.

"I guess I will just be going to bed then." Starting to shuffle slowly towards the door. But he caught me and said "Nope we have to clean you up first make sure you don't get any of these infected." Before he picked me up bridal style and carried me to a bathroom. He placed me on the counter before raking through a cupboard in search of god knows what. He pulled up a massive plaster. It must have been the size of my whole face.

"You cannot be serious?"

"deadly." He managed to say seriously with no emotion causing me to laugh. It hurt to laugh to it probably sound like a beached whale.

"Okay lets not laugh right now." I said through a grimace of pain.

Reece started to used a warm clothe to wipe the blood from my face. Once that job was done he took to cleaning the cuts with antiseptic cream throughout this whole process all I could think about was how close we were. I could feel the heat radiating off his body, we were so close I could just lean over and kiss him if I wanted to and believe me I considered it. Sadly closeness ended all too soon. Without any words he just handed me a glass of water and two tablets, I quickly washed them back. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. I was exhausted. Reece picked me up once again. I could get used to being in his arms,they make me feel safe. I was placed down on my bed, the covers tucked around me tightly. I could feel myself falling asleep already. As Reece began to walk away, I whispered "Please stay." He looked at me then looked at the door considering whether he should. I got my answer as he walked to the door. He looked at me once more before closing the door. And then I was alone. As sleep almost took over me the door opened and there stood Reece who walked over to the bed and shuffled in behind me, wrapping me in his strong arms.

"Night Reece." I whispered smiling to myself.

"Night Lauren."