Chapter 34

***Reece's POV***

Its been a week since the funeral, all she's done is cry. She won't eat, she barely talks, she can't sleep without screaming out in her sleep. She's falling apart. I don't know what to do. I haven't left her side. Each time she screams in her sleep, I am the first one there cradling her in my arms. I can't stop the dreams and it kills me to see her like this. I can tell all the boys are at a loss at what to do.

It's been two weeks and things haven't changed. She sleeps in his shirt and refuses to let us clean her sheets because he slept there. No one has the heart to tell her they were cleaned before she was released from the hospital. I have to spoon feed her to get her to eat, even then it's a challenge. She is wasting away to nothing. It's killing me to se her like this.

It's been three weeks and the dreams are getting worse. She cries out in her sleep. And I am there but she won't wake up. It's scary, terrifying actually. She wakes up eventually in my arms and sobs wreck her body as she mutters over and over that she couldn't save him. She kept saying it was "my fault". She insists I stay with her till she falls asleep. I wrap my arms around her, hoping to ward off the bad dreams but I can't even do that right.

It's been a month. She's beginning to venture out further than her room, not for long but it's something. She still won't eat but she's talking more. We have to take baby steps. She lost her best friend and from what Jake told us the other night it is not the first time. Losing someone close to you can wreack anyone. I couldn't imagine losing anyone, I can't pretend to inderstand what she is going through so all I can do right now is wait.

The second month was one of the worst. There was no tears. Nothing. She was a zombie. A shell of herself. We all have to keep reminding her to eat, wash, all the basics. She just doesn't care to look after herself anymore. She would spend days staring into space. Its as if she wasn't here. She was alive but she wasn't really there. She is fading away.

I love her and will do anything to see her come out of this but I can't help but feel like she is slipping away.