Chapter 1. past of Y/N

You had a traumatic past. One day you were taking a walk around your small city. You were kicking a stone trying to kick it all the way home when you suddenly heard a loud bang. Your head perk up and noticed there was smoke coming from a few houses. The villagers rang the bell to notify pirates were on the island. "PIRATES PIRATE! RUN" a man said. The village began to panic "my child!" a woman shouted and cried as her daughter got stuck under a collapsing house. You looked at the smoke and fire and noticed that it was coming from where you lived. Your eyes widened. "MOM DAD!" you shouted as you began to run towards your burning house. A few people tried to stop you, but you kept running. You reached your house, or what used to be your house. It was in flames and had collapsed. "Mom... dad..." you said as you looked at the burned and collapsed house.

"Y/N" a voice said quietly. I looked to the floor and saw my mom. "mom" I kneeled to her. "I'll help you. grab my hand I will pull you out" I said. "Oh, my sweet Y/N. there's no use I'm going to die anyways. My legs have been crushed" my mom said. "No mom I will carry you. Please don't leave me" I began to cry. You heard a loud bang you looked at your mom and saw a bulled go through her head. "m-mom?" I saw her head fall to the ground. "Mom?" "Mom? MOM! NO PLEASE... please don't leave" I held her hand tightly and held it to my head. "I- love y-o-" was what she said before my mom took her last breath. "Mom, I love you two" I cried. A man walked over to me he was tall and had a long brown beard and was holding a gun. "You. YOU SHOT MY MOM." I shouted and looked at the man, but immediately regretted it when I saw his scary face. The man grabbed me and just put me in a bag. "HEY lET ME GO!"

My eyes opened and I sat on my bed. "Another dream..." that dream memory looped in your head almost every night after your parents' decease. It had stopped for a while but came back. "I hate this" I mumbled and walked out of my room. There stood Luffy. "Have you been crying?" he asked. I didn't even notice my eyes were puffy and wet. "Just another dream." I said quietly. I felt Luffy's arms wrap around my waist as he hugged me.

You and Luffy were childhood friends, he was like a brother to you but at the same time he wasn't.

The reason for why, was because brothers sacrifice for sisters. Dreams, hopes even life, but Luffy didn't. he was there for you when you needed him, but he wasn't the brother you wanted. Luffy knew about your past about the pirates the abuse the pain but somehow it seemed to you that he didn't care. He comforted you all the time, but ever since you parents passed no affection has been good enough.

Even if you were almost a year younger than him, you were way more mature than him.

-

You broke the hug and looked at Luffy. You noticed his straw hat. "shanks" you muttered.

"Shanks." Shanks was a big part of your life.

After the pirates that burned down your home village kidnapped you, your life was miserable. The pirates made you clean the ship, and if you missed a spot, they would punish you. The punishments were harsh, they would hit me with their hands, whips, or anything they could hurt me with, at some point they decided to get rid of me because they got bored of me. They but me in a barrel and threw me into the sea. Somehow another pirate crew found me. They were kind but it was just a mask. After while they showed their real colors. They were worse than the others. They made me wear weird suits and hurt me and rape me. Then they got tired of me and put me in a barrel until another crew found me. And that process happened 3 or 4 times before I was taken in the red-haired pirates.

In the beginning I thought they were just masking like the others did but I stayed with them for three whole months, and they stayed kind. I eventually got used to it and was happy. I was happy to stay with them.

They showed me the same kindness my parents showed me. I was truly happy until my 6th birthday.

It had been 8 months since I began to sail with the red-haired pirates. And it was your birthday. You had a giant birthday with a big cake and a load of food. You day was amazing. But at night before you were going to bed. Shanks came and sat beside you on your bed. "Hey Y/N" he said. I just looked at him hoping for a good night story. "it's been amazing having you on the crew. But you're too young. So, me and the crew decided to set you off on an island. It's a nice island with nice people and there's a boy that I know you will like." He said and my smile faded. "I'm sorry to ruin your day but I promise to visit" "you will be in good hands, there's a vice admiral, his name is Garp he will take good care of you. I promise" I was too stunned to say anything and began to cry. After a bit of quietness, I spoke.

"Shanks," I looked into his eyes. "I like you guys. You guys are so kind, and funny. But if I stay, I know you will be worried for my safety." "Do you promise to visit me?" I asked lucky Roo, Yassop and Benn. Entered the room and looked at us. "I promi-" "NO" lucky roo interrupted.

I was shocked. "What do you mean no?" I asked crying even more
"Shanks doesn't promise" Lucky said. "HEY what are you saying" Shanks stood up and looked at Lucky room. "Shanks," Benn said, "YOU don't promise," Yassop said "WE PRMOMISE," said Lucky, Yassop, Benn, and the rest of the crew. WE PROMISE TO COME VISIT YOU" everyone said. your tears slowly stopped, and you looked up "really?" You asked Shanks grinned and kneeled. "We do" he said "And." "And?" I questioned "We promise to give you gifts every time we visit." I smiled with now happy tears flowing down your face. "THANK YOU SHANKS YOU ARE THE BEST." Shanks hugged me and after some time I fell asleep in his arm.

Ok so I just rewrote this chapter because I wrote the original one a long time ago, I was "young", and my grammar was shit. (Still is) but I'm improving. vote and comment if there are any mistakes