24

It was a shock. She was Molle? I didn't know why. She was just a girl. But she scared me. Why? Was it because of the eyepatch? Why was I feeling so tense?

"y/n? helloo. Y/n" Shanks called out my name while waving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my trance.

"run" Naomi said again.

I looked at Shanks "oh sorry, just thinking" I said pretending like Naomi wasn't saying the word "run" in my head repeatedly. Shanks smiled at me. "Did you get everything you wanted?" he asked me, and I replied with a nod. "Great then we'll buy it." He said to Molle. Molle was apparently the shop owner.

I wasn't in the conversation, but I heard them talking. After Molle had been taken, she unleashed some sort of power? And escaped, she ended up loosing an eye. Explains the eyepatch. She then landed on this island where she befriended Hana. Molle had always been deeply enthusiastic about fashion and so did Hana, so they decided to open a clothing store.

But what power did she unleash? What is that even supposed to mean?

I looked at Molle and she was smiling at me so innocently "run" but something about it felt not so innocent.

We walked up to the counter "the total is 10.000 berries" Molle said. "What I only got 16 things" I said "it doesn't matter. I know Shanks is paying. And I also know that he is filthy rich." She said and switched her gaze from me to Shanks. "Now pay up" she said as she reached out her hand. Shanks sighed "put it on my pirate tab" Shanks said proudly but Molle declined the offer. "Nope. I don't allow pirate tabs in my store" she said as she pointed at a sign that said.

"NO PIRATE TABS DAMMIT!"

I chuckled a bit. Shanks sighed again but this time it was heavier. "here" he rolled his eyes as he gave her a small gold block that was worth a little less than 10k "not enough but it'll do." She smiled sheepishly.

.

.

.

After we had explored the island "RUN" we went back to the red force. Molle joined us. I tried my best to not think about it too much.

Everyone surrounded Molle as I went to my room to take a break from all the noise.

"RUN" "Run" "run" Naomi relaxed as I got further away from Molle. I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. "what's wrong Naomi?" I asked, she stayed quiet for a sec before she finally spoke. "she's like you" I was confused. "Like me?" I asked "like us" I still didn't understand. "Naomi, you're confusing me, tell me!" "I'm scared y/n" I was shocked. "Scared?" I mumbled. A sentence I never thought would escape her mouth. "I don't get it you're confusing me!" I shouted.

I heard a knock at my door. "Come in" a tall red head walked in. for a second, I thought it was Shanks before I saw that face. So familiar. But at the same time unfamiliar. "You, ok?" he questioned as he closed the door behind him. I looked at him blankly. "Hallo?" he said. I continued staring. His gaze went from me to the colourful bright coloured childish room. I noticed. "Oh, this is just a temporary room. I did not decorate it. Kind of" I said the last part quietly. I rubbed the back of my head. "I figured; I've cleaned this room a few times before. They never told me why. I don't get it. No one has ever lived in this room while I've been on the crew. Yet they still clean it" he said "you're the first person that they've let stay here" he smiled at me. "Well, this was my room" I said and looked to the floor. He tilted his head. "What do you mean?" he asked. "When I was little. They took me in. I used to live in this room." I looked at him and he was analysing me. "I see" we made eye contact. "Ajax?" I mumbled he heard me. "Ajax?" he repeated "you know Ajax?" he spoke. And I nodded. "Are you his friend or maybe... girlfriend?" he asked. "Oh, were just friends" I blushed a bit and waved my hands.

.

.

.

We talked a bit and I got to know him "so why are you a pirate? And Ajax is a marine" I asked, and the guy let out a small chuckle "you're gonna think this is childish." He spoke. "I promise I won't" he smiled at me. He leaned back on my bed. "When me and Ajax were young we used to play marines and pirates. He always wanted to be the marine because of our father, and I always wanted to be a pirate. Our dad gave all the attention to Ajax and nothing to me. Because of that I did not want to be anything like him. I wanted to be the total opposite." I looked down to my fumbling fingers. "I'm sorry, must be hard" I said in a sad tone. "I hated him, yet I was so sad when he died." He went quiet. "I know, it's hard to lose someone. Especially family" I looked at him he looked like he was holding back tears "but at least you had some family left" I smiled warmly, and he did the same. "What about your family" he asked. I looked away. "Murdered, by pirates. My mom was shot in the head, and my dad burned alive. I had an older sister. I don't know where she is. I don't even know if she's alive. i dont even remember her name!" I looked at Jay and he looked at me. "I'm sorry" he voiced "don't be, I was 5 I don't even remember them." "danm, life is so supid" we both said at the same time. I don't know why but even tho we had just talked about our parents deaths and how hard life can get. at that moment all we could do was...

Laugh