02

My car rolls to a stop when the light up ahead changes to red. I sighed, turning up the music that was playing on the radio. I was bopping my head to the music when I realized that the k-pop band BTS was playing. Everyone knows who they are, even if they don't know much about them, they at least know their name. Their music is something else though. I started to sing along to 'Dope', tapping my hands on my steering wheel to the beat. Thinking of the exact moment each person sings, remembering the dances, a smile crept onto my face. They were all dorks but they were amazing. B/F/N was the one to introduce me to their music. It always made me happier. She even convinced me to take Korean in high school. She always said that she would move there one day. I believed her but I didn't think it would be this soon.

I pulled into my work parking lot and parked my car. I stepped out of my car and locked it. After making sure everything was in place, I took out my ID pass, so I would be able to enter without having to deal with ID checks.

I walked through the doors and headed
towards the card readers. I strode through the metal turnstile and headed to the elevator.

"Excuse me miss but I'm going to need to see your gems before I allow you to go anywhere." A security guard walked in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you are allowed to ask to see my gems. I have never had someone ask me this here, so I'm not going to show you any part of me that isn't showing right now." I squinted my eyes to show that I was smiling politely, and tried to walk around him, but he stopped me.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience ma'am but I'm new here and I'm just doing what I have been told, so please just show me your ankle and then you can be on your way." he said, grabbing my wrist, which caused me to wince in pain. He didn't notice, thank goodness, but I know that from how hard he grabbed me, my cuts had opened. Now frustrated, I tried to think of a way to get out of this. I couldn't think of anything so I gave up. He couldn't see my face anyway, and you can't identify someone off of their eyes only.

"Fine but don't make a scene, please, I don't want to deal with this shit right now." I lifted my ankle up and pulled my sock down to reveal my gems along with my symbol. I waited for 3 seconds then rolled up my sock and put my ankle down. His eyes widened and he hastily dropped into a bow.

"I am so very sorry for stopping you, please forgive me!!" he said, still bowing. I sighed.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is your symbol a semicolon?" he asked. I ignored him. I know why it's a semicolon, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Lower your voice please, and stand up straight, you're attracting attention

"Lower your voice please, and stand up straight, you're attracting attention. And it's fine, you were just doing your job. I understand. I'm not that important so please do not bow to me. Also please refrain from telling anyone about this, I like to keep my identity a secret. Thank you." I bowed my head then walked past him to the elevator. I pressed the top floor button as the doors began to close. A sigh rushed past my lips.