Chapter 5: Maggie

Hi guys.

So yet again we are going to skip a few years until the baby is born and a year old, Charlotte is 7 and Harry is 13.

Thanks

-S xxxx

====================================================================

***HARRYS POV***

 I sit down onto the couch and look at the 7 old Charlotte playing with the 1 year old Maggie on the floor.

Yes, i had another sister and i didn't like her anymore than Charlotte.

She was born on my birthday and that gave me another reason to dislike her, that day was supposed to be my special day but no, i have to share it with the baby!

Her real name is Margret Dawn but everybody, including me, just called her Maggie.

Everybody, except me, still called Charlotte Charlie. I didn't because Charlie is a boys name and at least Maggie is a girls name.

In the last 2 years Charlotte has grown much bigger, some of her baby teeth have fell out and her hair has gotten even longer and curlier.

Maggie has short brown hair that isnt curly but pin straight. She has dark brown eyes that would look pretty on anybody else but her.

I stand up and am about to walk out of the living room when i hear something that makes me stop dead in my tracks.

"Hawy"

I turn around and see Maggie looking straight at me while Charlotte is looking at her in shock.

"Hawy" Maggie says again.

"You are her first word Harry" Charlotte whispers.

I groan. Why does this always happen to me?! I was Charlotte's first word and now I'm Maggie's!

I look into Charlottes shocked eyes and walk away to my room.

It is actually quite scary how much she reminds me of Gemma. Every single day she looks more and more like her.

Charlotte likes Maggie but doesnt "love" because what i told her was true.

As soon as she was born Charlotte was pushed a side and because of that Charlotte and i have gotten a tiny bit closer. Tiny.

It started when she was getting bullied in school and i saw a boy push her and call her names.

I am really protective of her and Maggie even though i don't like them but what am i supposed to do when i see my helpless 7 year old sister getting pushed about.

That night i sneaked out and paided those boys who bullied her a little visit.

They never came near her ever again, but she doesn't know that it was me.

I didn't tell her and I'm not planning to.

I visit Gemma a lot more these days. It is my escape from my family in a way.

When Maggie was born she had her name in graved into the tombstone just like Charlotte's.

I don't know why though. Mum and Dad say that it is because that they are sisters but they have never met her!

----------------

"Hi Gemma" i say as i sit down in front of her grave.

"Happy birthday iced Gem" i say with a smile.
That was what i called her when she was alive because iced gems were her favourite sweets. I personally liked twixs though...

Today Gemma would of been 15. Wow. It only seems likes it was last week when she was standing next to me as a 6 years old.

Sigh.I missed my old life. My life before Charlotte and Maggie.

It hurts that i am the only person that is visiting her today even though it is her birthday.

I put the roses that i bought for her on her grave and start to cry.

My family are so heartless, well my parents are.

Charlotte and Maggie don't even know about Gemma, mum and dad never told them.

How can my parents sit at home when their first born child is 15 today and wont even visit her!

--------

I start to head back home when its starting to get dark.

The walk home isn't long but i take my time to think about life, about my family, about Gemma.

As soon as i walk through the front door i hear my parents talking to Charlotte bout something in the kitchen and because i missed dinner i have to go in there to get something to eat.

I walk in to see them sitting at the dinning table talking about something that i dont really wanna listen to.

"Please mum, dad? Can i please start dancing?" Charlotte asks.

Dancing? Oh joy (note the sarcasm).

Before they an answer i grab an apple and leave the room.

Why do girls like dancing so much?

I walk up the stairs and hear Maggie starting to cry. I just walk past her room and into mine and close the door so that i cant hear her. Mum will see to her.

After half and hour Maggie is still crying and i cant take it anymore.

I jump out of my bed and walk over into her room.

As soon as she sees me looking over the side of the cot she stops crying and reaches out to me.

I just look at her and walk away. As i reach her bedroom door she starts crying again.

Maggie is a pain but i cant just leave her here all upset.

I walk back over to her and pick her up.

"shh. Its OK" i whisper into her hair as she crys into my top.

I start to walk around the room while rocking her in my arms but she is still crying.

"Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love" i sing to her.

She stops crying and goes silent.

"Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love" i continue to sing.

"Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love"

As i finish singing i realise that she is asleep.

I gently place her back in into her cot and walk out of the room.

As soon as i leave her room i come face to face with my parents and Charlotte.

"Wow" my mum says shocked

"What?" i ask

"You were singing to Maggie, you would never do that" my dad says sounding just as shocked as my mum.

"Well she was crying none of you heard her and i wanted her to just shut up" i snap at them

"You are a great singer Harry" Charlotte whispers

"Shut up" i say harshly at her as i walk back into my room and closing the door.

Finally. Peace and quite.