8.

it had been 3 weeks since the incident, and it was true, i was correct.

i was still seen as an outcast even though i had saved lives.

since the whole thing with norm, i knew they were onto me.

the sky people were searching for me.

the sullys forced me to stay with them until i was in safety.

and since that day i "joined" their family, as tuk liked to say, i haven't spoke once to any of them. 

i would wake up with a numb face and go to bed with a numb face.

this was home?

this was not home.

Earth was home, and i knew it, it was calling me.

i woke up in the hammock below the Sullys and next to spider, who had his own hammock next to mine.

i woke up, seeing his face was already enough for today. 

i hated him so much, i hadn't talked to him at all, most likely never will.

the last time i spoke was... when norm was around.

i felt attached to norm, but hated him at the same time, it was an awful feeling.

spider had been talking to neteyam and loak on his hammock when he noticed my eyes opening.

i felt him punch the two brothers as my hammock had moved with the punch

i sighed, turning my face around. i was happy to go back to sleep until i felt crawling on my own hammock.

i exhaled, pretending to be asleep still.

"rektiyah.." neteyam spoke quietly as he rubbed my shoulder, sitting on my hammock

i didn't reply to his comment. i never did anyways.

it was one of those days.

where neteyam would invite me to spend the day with loak and spider, but i never replied, leaving them to go without me.

and thank eywa they did.  i'd then have some time for myself, i loved my own company anyways.

and, once they would leave, i would observe what direction they went in and then started my day going and exploring in the opposite direction.

today they went to the left, so i went to the right side of motherland, where i had spent most time anyways.

i got up shortly after they were gone out of my sight and into the forest.

i jumped my way down to the ground and ran in the opposite direction, not even saying good morning to the sullys.

i never did anyways.

like i said, i lacked mutual respect, this proved it.

i'm sure jake was aware of the damage norms actions had on me, how i lacked trusting anyone.

he was definitely aware of spider too, and how much i despised the boy. although he never talked to me, i could already tell how annoying he is.

i ran to the forest, calling for my Ikran.

it was weird to see a different ikran come, not Kata.

my eyes widened at the beauty of it though, so i retrieved slowly.

the ikran seemed unhappy with me calling it, although i used my usual noise to call for Kata. i was slightly trembled as i've never had an experience with a wild ikran.

it's pupils widened as it moved more quickly towards me. i started to stress even more.

suddenly, it charged at me quicker than i could run, leaving me to fall and scrape my whole body onto the rough ground below.

"SHIT" i called out in pain as the ikran flew off quickly after pushing me harshly to the ground with its strong wings.

i stayed on the ground, getting rid of the mud in my mouth and on my face, as my body already felt sore.

shit.. i said, noticing the mud went into a large cut in my face.

the cut had spread from my lower cheek and across my face to my eyebrow.

seriously? the place i WOULDNT want to have a large cut in, had a large cut, right, there..

i was in PAIN, and if i didn't get rid of this mud as soon as possible, i could get an infection.

i stood up and had the idea to go to the freshwater, struggling to stay upright as my muscles went sore.

i looked behind me, seeing a fresh puddle of blood by the tree i was hit against.

"holy fuck.." i said to myself as i turned around, feeling guilty of my blood puddle.

i ended up stumbling across the forest with my bloody chest as many gave me dirty looks in the meantime.

the blood came out of my face like a stream of water. i and wiped down on it every 5 seconds which left a massive smudge of blood on my face. i just looked like a crime scene. 

when i made it to the water, i jumped right in and immediately felt relieved.

i exhaled in the relief of the cold water on my heated scars, it was probably the best feeling ever.

and the best i've felt in a while.

i stayed in for way longer than i thought. so long that... neteyam, loak and spider managed to find me.

and trust me how odd this was.. seeing the three boys find me in such a big island was almost impossible.

"rektiyah? what happened?" neteyam jumped in the water as loak and spider followed.

i stopped floating above the surface and sighed, making my way to the edge as i pushed myself out of the water.

"rektiyah? you are in critical condition" lo'ak said.

i stayed quiet, ignoring their presence in front of me.

they followed me out of the water as i had already got annoyed.

"tell us what happened" spider said.

i turned around slowly and eyed down the boy, scoffing and turning back around.

"you heard him" neteyam said as i stopped walking. i was ready to charge.

i tightened my fist as discreetly as possible but
he picked me up easily become i could even charge. it was the height difference.