11.

(neteyams pov continued)

my mind went back to the current situation.

i noticed i started daydreaming and immediately apologised.

"look.." kiri said with tears in her eyes.

if she was crying. she barely ever did.. so i knew it was bad.. 

she handed me a leaf that had already started to wilt.

i read out the message..

           sorry, i didn't have any
                heartstrings left for you to
                         tug on.
                you want compassion?  Move on.
                   you want fair? tough shit
                        times wasting, pick your side-
                 me? or the bitch i'm gonna kill.
                                    - your sweetest outcast

my mind immediately turned to rektiyah.

it was her who wrote this, i could already tell by the first sentence.

her rage on a leaf was... something different.

i started to tear up.

"where is she?" i asked as dad looked up at me, ears dropped, with a sad expression on his face.

"not on eywa.." he spoke.

my heart dropped.

"when did we get this?" i asked dad.

spider answered "me and jake went to find rektiyah yesterday"

"woah woah woah? what?" i said.

"basically.." spider begun and exhaled in slight annoyance.

"rektiyah- yesterday left her hammock at night, i was awake because- you know, us people, sky people.. tend to take much longer to fall asleep. she woke up and left, so i decided to follow. i found her in the lake, and she told me to go, threatening me as i backed away and left, not wanting to anger her"

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE HER?" tuk shouted as kiri covered her mouth

"yeah... why did you?" lo'ak added as we all eyed down spider.

"no no no.. let him tell me the story.." i said as he already looked guilty.

"well... i went back to my hammock and jake noticed me wet"

"wait... you went into the water with her?" lo'ak asked

"i- i jumped in, yes.."

loaks eyes widened.

"listen okay, she was about to make a run for it and i could- i wouldn't be able to keep up, she's too fast"

mine and loaks eyes widened.

if she was faster than spider, then she was definitely faster than us..

"and so i jumped in and kept her from running away, but she told me to leave and so i did.." spider said.

"like i said.. when i came back, jake noticed me wet and asked me why i was out late at night, i explained why and he immediately ran for the lake as i decided to follow. we came and- she wasn't there.." spider said as he got slightly emotional.

"why do you cry?" neytiri asked.

"i don't know.." spider looked down, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"we found her footsteps.. and then an ikrans footsteps. we got onto Bob, and tried finding any clues, but we only found one, and it was this dark blue and purple ikran with this exact leaf, hence why there's bite marks on the edges." spider said.