9.

"you do this, our hands are too big" jake said to spider as he handed him a cotton ball with a weird liquid.

"okay-" i said, already having enough as i sat up on my elbows, ready to leave.

of course they didn't let me, and they were quite shocked to hear me even blurt out a word.

"stay down" neytiri spoke as she put her hand on my chest.

"shit.." i said in pain as she quickly let go off my chest and watched me lower myself down onto the hammock.

we had all been on the sullys hammock, right at the top of the tree.

i was surprised the hammock could even handle all of us on it.

we even had some observers from around the hammocks watching me get the first aid.

"this may hurt" spider said as i noticed his arm slightly shake, the corners of my lips slightly arched as i tried to hide my smile. why was he so nervous?

he poured the liquid in to my cut on my face. kiri, who was closest to my hand, grabbed it quickly as i squeezed in pain.

i didn't have an impulsive reaction, other than squeezing kiris hand as she watched.

"ouch!" tuk said as loak let out a laugh.

"you must stay here.." neytiri said.

"or you get infected.." she added as i exhaled in annoyance.

the second time i've heard it.

i've had enough.

"i do whatever-"

"NO YOU DONT" jake shouted at me as i remained with a blank face.

"you listen to us- or you will die!" he said in a much more calm tone.

spider adjuster himself as i looked at jake.

"who said i wanted to live?" i said with a smile on my face as his anger quickly subsided.

spider and neytiri looked at jake as his face went numb, keeping eye contact with me.

loak and neteyam stopped entertaining tuk, sitting still as they had heard what i just said.

"i still question how i'm here-" i spoke, catching my breath.

"i've lost tons of blood-"

"because you are different" kiri interrupted.

"whatever" i said, looking back at spider as i motioned him to carry on putting the liquid on my scars.

he focused more this time, getting closer to my face as our noses were inches apart.

i closed my eyes, furrowing my eyebrows at the pain the liquid has caused.

after eclipse, Eywa was the only thing i thought of.

i watched everyone get to their hammocks and fall into a sleep in no time.

that was what i struggled with.

I had the bright idea to go to Eywa, the seed of Eywa exactly.

i sat up, observing the area around, and didn't seem to find anyone awake. this was my green light.

(spiders pov)

i watched rektiyahs body sit up and then leave after a couple of minutes of observing.

she was told not to go explore, yet my mind has only stayed on how close i've gotten to her this evening.

i watched her climb out of her hammock and swing through the tree branches.

why was she leaving so late at night?

i thought maybe, i was dreaming.

i shrugged it off and tried going back to bed.

but she was gone for long. very long.

i didn't know rektiyah so well, but from what i've heard Loak and Neteyam telling me about their childhood with her,she seemed really nice. but still my worries grew. where was she?

i exhaled, getting myself up to go look for her.

and once my worries grew big enough, i jumped out of my hammock and onto the branches, following the footsteps i saw her make a couple of minutes prior.

i went down the tree, avoiding making any noise so no Na'vi hears me, and i managed to find her footsteps.

there was slight rain here today, so many footpaths were left from the cold, soft soil under my feet.

i started following the path, taking the exact same step rektiyah took, and it ended up taking me to the seed of Eywa.

there she was, laying on the grass as it pulsated through one another.

the flying jellyfish all sat on her shoulders, waist and legs.

i observed from afar, making slow steps towards her as she kept her eyes closed.

it took me a short amount of time to realise how unique and beautiful she was. but i couldn't just get with my best friends childhood friend, could i ?

woah... why am i even thinking of that...

i approached closer as the flying jellyfish now escaped her skin and into the air.

the pulsating of the glass below stopped, and she started moving her feet and arms to gain consciousness.

i backed away quickly, trying not to scare her, and when she opened her eyes, her pupils were dilated.

her large pupils reminded me of neytiri.. with her reaction to what happened three weeks ago.

"stay back" she suddenly said, retrieving away from me on all fours as she ran into the forest.

"wait!" i shouted as i followed the leaves that had rattled slightly after she had ran through them.

i then completely lost track of her, she was too fast.

it was unexpected, i was usually faster than neteyam and loak combined, but to see rektiyah being even faster than me?

i let go off it, catching my breath as i stopped in the middle of the forest.

until i heard a splash in the distance, and then i knew exactly where she would be found.

i ran in the direction of the noise, which eventually led me to the lake we had found her in earlier today.

"hey hey hey" i said as her face immediately turned my way.

(rektiyahs pov)

i sighed at the view of spider, why is he here?

i swam away from the boy who had jumped into the water instantly.

i swam backward until i hit the edge, with slight pain in my lower back body.

spider swam towards me, not wanting me to get away anymore.

just as i was about to jump out of the water, his hands met my hips that pulled me down slightly, so i wouldn't actually jump.