19.

i smiled at neteyams sweet comment.

"i'm glad" i said as they smiled.

"and you now brought peace, you are special- rektiyah.." lo'ak spoke as i blushed slightly.

we talked for a while , catching up on Neteyams latest finds in the forest and me telling the story of the many scars i had on my body.

"you should get that sanitised and stitched up" spider suggested as i furrowed my brows at him in guilt and smiled weakly, nodding.

"i really should-" i said.

"can i talk to you?" i blurted out, wanting to get my words out as quickly as possible.

"y-yeah..?" spider said as i quickly stood up.

"guys.. you know the way back to our hammocks.. right?" neteyam asked as we both started to walk away.

"yeah i do" spider replied, turning around to face me as i watched both Loak and Neteyam run into the forest.

silence hit us as me and spider made eye contact and started to walk down the empty landscape that eventually led us to the edge of the island.

Eywa was not far off of the coast, so it had only been a 4 minute walk to the edge.

"spider-" i said to him, grabbing ahold of his hands as he turned to me , looking at our hands.

he slowly looked  up after a while.

never had i felt so nervous.

i gulped as i had already felt something like barbed wires wrap around my neck, and my tears slowly forming in my eyes, ready to drop out  like crazy.

"i am.. so sorry.." i spoke.

"for what?"

"killing quaritch..." i said, "your dad" i added.

spider looked at me as if  i was a psychopath.

"how do you know he's my dad?" he asked in an accusing tone as my eyes widened slightly.

i exhaled as he watched me slowly start to panic.

i put my hand in my pocket, hesitating at first as i closed my eyes, avoiding any tears and awkwardness.

i felt the picture.

the old polaroid that had sat in the same position for the last hours of travelling.

i reached for it and took it out.

i gazed at the photo, scanning the two faces before flipping it around to face spider.

his eyes narrowed, trying to properly see who was in the picture.

he took the polaroid picture and narrowed his eyes more.

eventually, as his gaze softened, i heard the pounding of my heart go up to my throat, how was he going to react?

"spider- i didn't mean to" i said as his eyes paused on the picture.

he looked up at me, then back at the picture as my hands were now trembling in fear.

"i found it on the- aircraft.." i added as his tears still rushed down his face.

i grabbed the necklace out of my pocket, holding it in my fist as his eyes followed them.

"turn around.." i said as he looked up at me.

"why?" he asked, i had already seen him crying at the picture he held.

"just turn around please" i said again as he sighed, turning around.

"hold your hair up" i said as he exhaled in annoyance, and i just waited.

once he did, i placed the necklace around his neck, clipping it at the back as i struggled at first.

"there.." i said as he turned to face me, placing his hand on the pendant on his collarbone.

his tears were now clearly visible from his eyes.

"he told me to-" i said, catching my breath.

"he said to give it to you" i said to him as he tried to compose himself.

"and that's when i found out he was your dad" i said, putting my hand on his pendant as i rubbed it with my thumb, getting rid of the blood that had been on it.

"i wish i could go back and undo my actions-" i said as i stood up in front of him, walking around him as i couldn't stop fidgeting.

"i told him he was lying but he wasn't" i said, looking at spider as he looked with tears in his eyes.

"see! it's true, he is your father, you're crying-" i said, catching my breath as i continued.

"and i killed him so ruthlessl- i'm so fucking sorry spider i wish i could describe to you exactly how i feel but i physically cant i just think you will hate me for eternity and i don't blame you i just feel so fucking sorry that words wouldn't be able to describe the guilt i feel right now" i said, rushing around him as i couldn't stop talking, "you can hate me with your whole heart and i would understand exactly why because this guilt i have will probably never leave me and now i that i really think about it i'm such a heartless person and i'm just so fucked-" i said in between long breaths as i struggled to talk without breaking down.

i stopped constantly talking when i felt hands around my waist.

i then felt spiders whole body against mine as he hugged me loosely.

"what you did was good" he said, as his tears had stopped.

he let go of me and grabbed onto my hands tightly.

"what?" i asked.

"my dad was evil" he said, "as crazy as i may sound- calling my dad evil; it's true. he had fought the Sullys so many times just to get jake, but- growing up with his kids, i'd realised how fucked up my dad is."

my eyes widened as he continued talking.

he brought me down to sit down opposite him as i did.

"he was destroying pandora as Jake had enjoyed his time here, and he sent me here so i could befriend him and hang out with him." he said, smiling as he started to tell the story, "because this mask has a tracking device" he said pointing at the glass mask he had always wore, "so whenever i was with the Sullys, he would know where Jake is" he spoke as i was invested in his story.

"so, in all honesty, it was my fault that he fought with them before-"

"it is not your fault" i said, tightening my grip on his hands every word i spoke.

"it is! without me, there wouldn't be fights for Jake or you, because of what you had told us in front of Norm"

"see.. but that was my fault, if i didn't say a single word then i wouldn't be here with all my cuts" i said.

"i would still hate you too.." i added with a smile as spider started laughing.

"but it was in NO way- your fault, monkey boy" i held eye contact with the boy.

silence hit us as we just focused on our eyes.