18.

(rektiyahs pov)

unknown faces and known faces stood in front of me, thanking me for my contribution.

some were even sobbing into my hands.

i didn't know whether i should react or just keep smiling, because all that was on my mind at that moment was spider.

how would i tell him?

does he even hate me now?

is he going to plot something against me?

is he happy ?

is he sad?

does he know how i feel?

constant questions roamed my mind as i had blanked out, having the Na'vi kill my hands and cry into them.

my eyes eventually met neytiris hand, which was waving up and down to stop me from gazing.

i shook my head, focusing my attention to what was happening currently.

she smiled weakly, giving me a reassuring look as i just smiled weakly and nodded.

the crowds slowly started to disperse into the woods, until only one family was left, The Sullys.

i looked down at my feet, noticing neytiri still standing in front of me.

"i'm sure jake has something to say" she said, as her eyes met mine.

i smiled again and hummed in response.

she looked at the Sullys, watching from afar as she waved her hand towards us, so they could come to us.

i gazed at them, as they all were looking at me.

i looked away the moment i made eye contact with Neteyam, and watched my feet as they slowly approached.

"rektiyah..." jake softened his voice as he lifted my chin up to look at me.

i looked at him with an emotionless face, not knowing whether he would be happy or sad.

he smiled at me, leaving me to smile back.

"thank you.." he said, as he gave me a loose hug.

"i wish i could hug you more tightly" he spoke as i laughed, wrapping my hands around his back.

the sullys watched in awe as he let go, keeping eye contact.

i had noticed the siblings all looking at spider who had been looking everywhere but towards us, with glistening eyes coated in tears.

"what did he do to you?" jake asked as i took a deep breath in.

(spiders pov)

at that point i had looked in the complete opposite direction, but listening into rektiyahs description of the experience she had with Quaritch and the sky people.

"the first attack was okay-"

"there was more than one?" jake interrupted.

"please-" she said.

"sorry" he replied quickly.

"there was about 7 to 8 people on board the first aircraft. it crashed into the island and i ran behind a tree, i ended up outsmarting one of the men and killing them. i then ran up behind a guy and strangled him to death by the aircraft and then climbed up on it. the arrows i had sharpened like the day before killed the rest." she spoke as i heard a small laughter escape jake.

"that's good" he spoke.

"until the second aircraft came.." she spoke, now in a more serious tone.

"i was minding my business until i had heard the banging of another aircraft, i had fought for some time but Quaritch took hold of me and the other guys stood on my feet and legs as i had been covered in cuts. i clicked to Kawasi-"

"who's that?"

"my jaguar.." she spoke as i had now turned around, also wondering what she was talking about.

she pointed to where she appeared from, "the one i came with" she said.

"oh!" jake said as she continued.

"and then quaritch stomped onto my chest" she said, looking down at her chest.

"see?" she said, pointing at her chest which and a large imprint of Quaritchs' shoe.

jake took a look.

"that might be infected-"

"oh stop it... it'll get better" she said.

"it won't-" i said.

she gazed at me, as her face turned weak.

the guilt had already been portrayed in her eyes.

"carry on quickly so i can get rid of your infection" jake said.

"and then as i clicked to Kawasi, moments later the men were surprisingly shot with the arrows i had created, and i had no idea how. but then i stood to my feet despite being in so much pain and took control over quaritch, telling him to kay down and. it move a single muscle or i'd threaten to shoot him."

i listened to her story and could already felt my eyes hearing up as i was on the verge of tears.

i noticed Kiri looking my way with a sad expression, so i looked away from both Kiri and rektiyah, in hopes they don't actually see me crying.

"i think the rest i should discuss with someone else" rektiyah spoke as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

i turned back around and composed myself.

"Tsutey... he respects you a lot" jake said.

"i'm thankful" she replied.

(rektiyahs pov)

i looked over at neytiri, who had now smiled at me.

"jake, i will put Tuk to sleep.." neytiri whispered as she grabbed ahold of Tuk, leaving kiri behind.

"CAN KIRI COME?" she shouted as kiri sighed, rolled her eyes, and left to follow neytiri who held tuk on her hands.

"i will go talk to Tsutey.." jake said as he now scanned his eyes from me , to spider, to loak, to neteyam.

"you kids stay safe, if anything happens, run back to Neytiri or me... or contact me through..." he said, pointing to his ear, referring to the earpiece.

my smile faded slightly knowing Norm still, probably, has me tracked down.

Jake left and followed the direction Tsutey went in 10 minutes prior, and i looked at all three of them, gulping seeplg as awkwardness surrounded us.

Loak, without hesitation, pulled me into a brotherly hug, obviously a loose one.

"be careful brkejter, don't want to hurt her" neteyam spoke, breaking the silence as the awkwardness had already started to disappear.

"yeah whatever" he said as he let go, admiring my face as i admired his.

i faced neteyam, who laughed and hugged me too.

"i've missed you" he spoke.

"life's been boring without you, you know rektiyah?" he asked as i rolled my eyes behind him.

"as if i benefitted you in any way when i was here-" i said as i pulled away

"i didn't even hang out with you lot like what-"

"2 months ago-"

i interrupted loak, "two months ago?!" i asked, shocked.

"it's been two months?" i asked as they all nodded, making me scoff.

"i refuse to believe that.." ik said, really thinking about it more deeply.

"although you didn't hang out with us-" neteyam spoke, "you bought us three a sense of comfort"