17.

(rektiyahs pov)

my tears rolled down my face as now, all that was left, was my broken bow and the necklace and polaroid picture i had of quaritch and spider.

i swear i didn't know spider, you must believe me on that...

the crowds watched as i moved stiffly with all of my cuts on my body.

tsutey was the first to greet me, he walked up to me with tears in his eyes.

"sir-" i said, my voice already hiccuping as he bought me in for a loose hug, avoiding my throbbing scars. 

my tears trickled down my face faster as neytiri watched from behind him.

"welcome back, rektiyah.." he spoke, letting go as he grabbed onto my hand.

"thank you.." i whispered, unable to properly use my voice box.

i took my time walking towards neytiri as she watched me take every step with a weak smile on my face, and tears rolling down her eyes.

i held the two pieces of the bow and arrow as her eyes followed my hands appearing from behind me.

she covered her mouth at her view as i fell to my feet, already struggling to with the massive cut ive had on my knees.

i looked down, presenting the broken bow as i shortly afterwards felt them leaving my skin.

i looked up and saw neytiri holding onto the bow, sobbing slightly.

it made me want to cry more, but i had decided to compose myself and not influence the unhappy behaviour.

i stood to my feet with the help of tsutey, who had been behind me and noticed my struggle of standing upright.

(spiders pov)

i watched rektiyah get back up with the help of tsutey, the leader of the omatikaya.

it was obvious the amount of respect he had for rektiyah now that she's back.

i looked over to the sullys who were all, basically, in a puddle of tears.

"what is that?" i asked, referring to the two wooden stick-like things rektiyah handed to neytiri with respect.

"it was a bow she gave her as a young child" jake said, as he inhaled deeply afterwards.

my eyes widened at the comment as i slowly shifted my head back to the front, now seeing the two talking as neytiri bent over slightly, since she was towering over the other girl.

(rektiyahs pov)

"how did this happen?" she asked me as i looked deeply into her amber eyes.

i smiled weakly, "i don't know.." i whispered.

neytiris eyes scanned my whole body, covered in cuts and bruises.

"but i killed him.." i spoke quietly as her eyes now  came back up to my eyes and widened, as she looked from one eye to the other.

"you killed-" she said in disbelief as i finished the sentence for her.

"quaritch" i whispered with a weak smile; tears still trickling down my face. i didn't know whether i should be happy.

her face was shifting from an emotionless questioning to a joyous smile with dilated eyes.

she looked up at tsutey, who wasn't listening, but observing our conversation.

he looked at neytiri, clearly confused as she started to cry out of joy, leaving the whole crowd to watch her.

i smiled at her crying, and looked away from the crowd as i had started to break down too.

i wiped my tears with my hands as neytiri gently grasped them into hers.

i looked back at her amber eyes, "you have saved my people" she whispered to me.

at this point, i couldn't physically describe the amount of happiness building upon my shoulders, although i was extremely nervous.

she let go of one hand, and held the other as she now turned to face the crowd.

"HE IS DEAD" she spoke.

(spiders pov)

i was left speechless by the comment neytiri made.

i looked at her expression, and could immediately tell who she was talking about.

the Na'vi all cheered as so did jake, who was now up on his feet, crying out of happiness.

i watched the celebrations, not knowing how to react in any way, and looked at the siblings, who were all staring at me.

they knew quaritch is my dad.

miles quaritch is my father.

up in another world, he is a dad who had raised me to be the person i am, and trusted me enough to send me to pandora.

i cried at the news, having no clue whether i was happy or sad.

just as i had started crying, i felt a pair of eyes watching me, and i has no idea who it could've been with the hundreds of Na'vi people gathered all around Eywa.

my eyes scanned the crowd until they met, the person i had least expected to look at me, rektiyah.

her eyes seemed to be filled with guilt, as they were shining and her eyebrows were narrowed, focusing on me only.

she mouthed something to me.

"i am so sorry.." i watched her lips form the word.

i didnt know whether i should reply or stay quiet, and so i decided to keep quiet.

i looked down at the grass below and touched it, trying to centre myself with the situation i have been in.

i felt into a deep thought of questioning.

is quaritch a good person, should i perceive him as a good man of the na'vi?

did i love him?

did i love rektiyah more?

did she do the right thing?

is it her fault?

it probably isn't her fault...

knowing quaritch and all his other instances of attacking the Na'vi, it was always him who started the wars with his stupid aircraft's, plus, there's no way Rektiyah would have flew to earth, right?

after careful consideration, i looked back up at rektiyah, who was now surrounded by many na'vi, holding her hand to her heart as she thanked everyone.

she was right for doing what she was meant to do. 

for saving the Na'vi, bringing peace upon pandora.

because now, i can live here in peace with other Navis who had been fighting and perceiving me differently as a sky person.

rektiyah being rektiyah.. and- i hate to say it, half sky; after bringing peace to pandora and the Na'vi, i was hoping the Na'vi would see me as an equal too.

that i am not a bad person for roaming their land, and that i am simply there because pandora feels more like a home to me.

i wish i could go and thank Rektiyah, but i had a feeling she had a feeling of guilt towards me for killing quaritch.

but how did she even know quaritch was my father if she gave me such guilty and unhappy looks?