21.

"nope, that's not how you hold it" i said to spider as he held onto my bow incorrectly.

"ugh, this stuff is too hard for me" he said, lowering his hands until the bow hit his knee.

"it really isn't, what did i tell you about your posture?" i asked, now sitting up from the tree branch i had climbed up before.

i looked down below my feet as they swung in the air, to see spider just standing there with my bow.

"huh?" i said, waiting for an answer.

"straight back..." he said as i nodded.

"go on then.." i said.

he moved his shoulders relentlessly, as an attempt of relaxing them before fixing his posture.

"okay now... left hand on the grip.." i said as i watched him lift his hand up to the grip made of straw.

"mhm... now the right hand has to extend the bow string directly under the knocking point" i added as i watched him move his hands slowly.

"this is boring" he said.

"because your not engaging yourself- it's fun once you get it" i spoke as i jumped from the tree branch and landed next to him.

our bodies being inches apart, i grabbed the bow and arrow as he held onto it, adjusting his fingers in a certain position as he did nothing but stand still- as if he were nervous.

"that's it.." i said, "skxawng" i added as he started to laugh.

"come on now monkey boy- let's get this right" i said, clapping my hands like a sports teacher cheering on their students.

"extend the arm back.." i said as i watched his elbow bend.

"elbow must stay at the same height, not lowered" i said as i hit his lower elbow gently until he moved it up to its specific spot.

"aim.." i whispered as he focused the bow and arrow onto the target in front of us, a tree stump.

"where will you try hitting it" i asked as his gaze focused.

"the... edge" he spoke.

i moved close to his face as our skin touched, observing the sight as i adjusted his arms slightly.

"release!" i spoke as he released the arrow, hitting it directly on the edge of the stump.

"that's it!" i said as he looked at me, smiling.

"okay okay.. perfect!" i spoke in excitement as i walked to the tree stump and pulled the arrow out of the stump, struggling at first.

"strong shot" i said, looking at spider as he smiled, his face slightly turning red.

once i pulled out the arrow, i walked over to spider and grabbed my bow.

"should be happy i even let you use my bow and arrow" i said, walking behind him as he turned.

i turned to face him, leaning myself on another tree stump, "because this-" i said, shaking my bow, "is my life" i emphasised.

he smiled, "why did you let me use it?" he asked.

"pardon?" i said.

"i said why'd you let me use it- we only first talked yesterday" spider said.

i looked at the bow on my laps and then up at him.

"dunno.." i said blackly, "suppose i- trust you enough." i said.

he let out a laugh, "why do you trust me?" he asked.