PROLOGUE

Third Person POV- 15 years ago

Salvatore Rossi was sitting outside on a warm August evening watching his seven children play. It was the last day of summer vacation for the children, and a once in a blue moon off day for the Don of the American Mafia.

Alessandro, the eldest (11), was playing American Football with his younger brothers Matteo (9) and Elijah (7). The twins Xander and Xavier (5) were sitting with their mother Hannah Rossi enjoying the orange sunset. The two youngest Luca and Laura (2) were chasing each other around the yard, their laughter filling the air.

It will be the first day of kindergarten tomorrow for Xander and Xavier and they are extremely excited! Luca and Laura would be staying home with their mother tomorrow due to not starting school yet. The twins just celebrated their second birthday 2 months prior in late June.

As the orange and purple sky turned into a blue-grey, Salvatore called his children in so they could have a family dinner. During dinner, all Salvatore could think about was how lucky he is to have such an amazing family. A loving wife, six beautiful sons, and one gorgeous daughter.

His wife Hannah, however, could only think about her plans for tonight. She was sick and tired of all her children focusing on her daughter. She believed she deserved the attention. She was their mother for god's sake! So, as she tucked her sons into bed one final time, she began to set her plan in motion.

Salvatore was exhausted from his position as Don and spending a chaotic day with his children. So, as soon as he hit the pillow, he was asleep. Hannah knew this was her time to leave. Hannah went into her youngest twins' room and grabbed a sleeping Laura.

Hannah escaped the mansion and never looked back. She fled to Chicago to start her new life as Hannah Black with Laura- the daughter she never wanted.

Meanwhile at the mansion, Luca woke up and noticed his twin was missing. He was screaming and crying out for her. As Salvatore heard the screams, he along with his sons, rushed into the room to find a crying Luca. Matteo was trying to console his younger brother while their father noticed Laura was missing. Luca explained that he woke up and she was gone.

Immediately Salvatore called his head of security to lock down the mansion. His next task was to find his wife Hannah. She was also gone. The Rossi boys were confused and crying wondering where their sorella and mother were.

Salvatore looked around the room and found an envelope on the children's dresser. It read

"Dear Salvatore,
I really thought you would have come to your senses by now. I mean it's been two years and all you boys are acting like Laura is the only thing in the world. It's pathetic.

I'M THEIR MOTHER! YOUR WIFE! But no, it's always Laura this and Laura that. I'm sick of it.

So, I took Laura as you can probably tell by now. You'll never find us. You boys had this coming to you. If you just payed attention to your mother none of this would have happened.

See you never,
Hannah"

Alessandro, the eldest, began putting the pieces together.

With sad eyes he looked to his father and said, "They're gone aren't they."

All Salvatore could do in that moment was say "Yes, son they are"

And with that the Rossi family was changed forever. The children turned cold from the heartbreak of losing their mother and baby sister.

Alessandro turned into a father figure for his siblings while training to be the next Don of the American side of the Italian-American mafia. He kept an emotionless face. He never smiled, never cried, just bottled up all his emotions and turned them into anger.

Matteo took on the motherly role for his siblings. He was always a momma's boy, so he tried his best to emulate that for his younger siblings. He was also the one who was the most broken. He pushed all his feelings aside to care for his younger brothers and to make sure his father and Alessandro were eating.

Elijah focused on his studies and his role in the mafia. He doesn't talk much anymore. He observes others around him. He loves reading because he can escape his problems by focusing on some else's life.

Xander became extremely angry. Like his older brother, he turned his sadness into anger. Xander started street fighting and street racing as he got older to focus on physical pain rather than emotional. He was also diagnosed with IED.

Xavier tried his best to stay his calm goofy self. He's the only person that can control his twin. Xavier likes to prank his brothers, but it's not the same without his baby sister in the house.

Luca, like Xavier, keeps a lighthearted sarcastic personality to mask how heartbroken he feels without his other half. He's always felt partially empty. Though, if needed, Luca can kick ass like his older brothers.

Salvatore focused on his duties as Don and finding his daughter. For years he neglected his sons until he realized that he needed to be there for his children. As sad as it sounds, his sons were there, his princess wasn't. He never gave up on finding his daughter no matter how difficult.

The Rossi family just wants to be complete again, with their princess.

_________________________

the prologue is complete! don't be a silent reader!! remember to comment and vote :)))