CHAPTER 16

I wake up with sunlight on my face and a heavy weight on my chest

I wake up with sunlight on my face and a heavy weight on my chest. Opening my eyes, I blink a few times to adjust to the light. I move my gaze  forward to see my twin with his arms wrapped around me practically laying on me as if I were the mattress.

Is he calling me fat?

I look towards the clock and see it's 8 am.

Holy shit

I actually slept for like 6 hours last night.

That hasn't happened since I came back

Woah

I just decide to sit up a little in my bed and answer some emails while Luca is asleep. I manage to prop myself up against my pillows so Luca is resting on my chest. Thankfully, he doesn't wake up; he only holds my tighter.

I reach over to grab my phone from the charger and prop my arms up on my twin's back. I first answer emails from Lux. Julie, my personal assistant at Lux, sent me a few emails regarding businesses who wanted to partner with me.

I don't partner with other businesses. I don't need the drama, and how business is going, it's not worth partnering with anyone- I make plenty of money.

There are emails about paperwork I have to sign. Maybe I can go to the office today to get that done.

I have a few emails regarding events I have been invited to. That's going to be a FAT NO. I know people want to find out who Brooke Stone is, but I couldn't care less. I don't want paparazzi following me around, people wanting money, or my picture posted in the new drama magazine. There are just so many things I would hate about that.

I politely forward those to Julie, telling her to say no. She knows the drill and has a basic response that we send to everyone, that's why I don't need to do it.

Next I check some emails about Day & Night. It's pretty much the same type of emails.

Vanessa confirming she gave Marissa a raise and $10k, information on when a few new releases should be put out, more paperwork I need to sign, and more invitations to events I will not attend.

Fuck I need to go to the office for this too.

Thankfully, my NY office is one of my main offices that have both Lux and Day & Night. It's just more efficient for me when I visit.

Well, I guess now that I'm living here this could be perfect. I can go to each separate office when needed, but have my workers come into the combined office when I need them.

I respond to the emails making sure to update Julie and Vanessa on me possibly coming into the joint office today to sign the paperwork.

I should ask my brothers and father their opinion on what Day & Night could do better for their suits. These men wear suits every day. They could probably teach me a thing or two.