CHAPTER 54

TW
Detailed discussions of: child abuse, child neglect, self harm & eating disorder. SA is mentioned briefly, but not in detail.

Long long chapter ahead. Buckle Up!

The tension in the air could be cut with a knife

The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. The entire house sits in one of the family rooms. Large couches of beige and grey take up the space, along with ottomans and coffee tables. We readjusted the seats so I can speak without people not being able to see me. We also moved the coffee tables out of the way and up against the windows.

My back is to the TV with Jay and Ash on my sides, and a good amount of space between us so I don't feel trapped.

Da- Salvatore is directly in front of me. Those in front of me are pretty much my direct brothers. Devin and Andrei amongst them.

The grandparents, my aunts and uncles, and a few of the older boys are on my left. The guys' friends, some of my cousins, and a few brothers are on my right.

I changed out of my semi-low cut top into a plain blank tank top— black sweatpants and socks still on.

"So..." I drag out, my arms crossed over my chest with my upper shoulders on the back of the couch, legs man spread.

My father has his elbows on his knees with his head down until I speak. "I have a few questions, principessa" He tells me in a rough voice

I nod, letting my guard down some. He clears his throat sitting up in his seat. "Where- how did you get those scars?" He asks

"Hannah and Adam" I reply void of emotion. The look of absolute disgust and heartbreak on Salvatore's face makes me want to console him, but I remind myself that this is about me right now.

I continue, "Some of them are from bare knuckle fights, wrong place wrong time scenarios, or getting jumped...but mostly from Hannah and Adam."

And from HIM, most are from HIM. But I'm not going to say that.

The older boys, like Alessandro and Lorenzo, embody pure rage which makes me worrisome. Luca looks destroyed, so does Xavier and Maddox.

Some people have masked their emotions completely like Matteo and Elijah, but I know what I said did something to them. Devin and Andrei have knowing looks that go unnoticed, for now.

Pretty boy sends me a supportive nod, urging me to continue. Taking a deep breath, I exhale asking "What's the next question?"

Salvatore clears his throat, blinking rapidly. "Umm, can you tell us how you grew up? I-I think that would answer most of them."

I look to Devin because he's part of the furthest memories I have back. He bites the inside of his lips with a wobbly chin.

I clear my throat. "I don't remember much before I met Devin. I do know that I went to a pre-school, but I think it's because Hannah didn't want to deal with me."