CHAPTER 38

[ A/N A long chapter filled with Laura being a baddie ;) ]

After a 20 minute drive that should have taken me 45 minutes, I pull into the makeshift gravel lot of the warehouse holding Hannah and Adam

The guards surrounding the building point their weapons at the foreign vehicle.

Oh shit I forgot to warn them.

Stepping out of Luca's tinted sports car, I raise my empty hands in the air signaling for them not to shoot.

Yes, I took Luca's car. The guards would have alerted Salvatore if they noticed one of my vehicles leaving the house.

My men notice it's me and quickly put their guns down. "M-my apologizes D-Donna." The man to the right of the main door tells me

I nod my head emotionlessly replying "You're doing your job properly. I'm not mad about that."

He nods his head relaxing, and opens the door for me. I stiffly dip my head in thanks, walking through the entrance.

I make my way through the maze of hallways I created. Guards line the beige walls nodding to me in respect as I pass by. I do the same in return.

My men will give their lives for me in a split second. I respect them just as much as they respect me.

Respect is earned not demanded. My men and women respect me because I take care of them and their families. In return, they stand beside me in times of need.

I take the stairs up to the second floor of the building. As I stand before what I like to call the 'Special Ops.' room, I type in the 6 digit code to open the door.

This code changes every 24 hours to ensure secrecy. I manage the codes; the only people who have access to them are myself, Ashton, Jason, Noah, Mike, and his team consisting of 5 men not including himself.

Mike leads the 'Alpha Team.' There are two other teams that will be granted access to this room when needed.

I open the door, and the men in the room stand up from their seats facing me. "As you were" I announce shutting the door.

The bug-proof room has 2 large televisions on the light grey walls to the right as you walk in. There are lockers lining this wall for the men's belongings, along with the door to the full bathroom. The left wall has computer monitors for the hackers along with cots closer to the back wall. The back wall consists of shelves filled with weaponry. Finally, the wall connected to the door has file cabinets on the floor, a printer, a full refrigerator, counter space, and cabinets higher up on the walls to hold various kitchenware.

In the middle of the 20 x 40 ft (800 sq ft |  74.322432 m^2) room, there is a large conference table seating 13 people. 6 chairs on each side, with a chair for myself at the head of the table facing the door.