CHAPTER 36

I groan into my pillow as I wake up

I groan into my pillow as I wake up. Opening my eyes, I see Legally Blonde is still playing on the TV.

I guess I didn't sleep for long

I find my phone next to me. I sit up being careful of my injuries, and check the time. It's noon.

I slept for like 30 minutes.

#PowerNap

I scroll through my phone debating on calling one of my siblings to join me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Luca's company, but I haven't spent much time with Elijah.

Siblings....I'm still not used to saying that

I'm not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, so I might as well hang out with him now. I click his contact and wait for him to pick up.

Phone call between Elijah and Laura

E: Hi sorella, is everything okay?

L: Yeah. I was just watching a movie and was wondering if you wanted to join me.

E: Of course I will! Do you want me to bring anything?

L: Can you bring water please?

E: Yep. I'll be up in a few minutes.

L: Okay thank you. Bye.

E: Bye.

End of phone call

I get out of bed and grab the snacks from my nightstand to my right.

Oh shit I forgot to give Luca his Takis...I'll do that later.

I grab my bag of chips along with one of my raspberry filled chocolate bars. I toss those on the bed and quickly use the bathroom.

I walk back into my room and lay on the left side of my bed. I position my pillows so my back, neck, and head are supported. I also place a large pillow on my left side as a make shift arm rest.

I move my snacks to the other side of the pillow supporting my arm, and grab my TV remote.

As I begin to rewind the movie, soft knocks hit my bedroom door. "Come in" I deadpan

The door starts to open so I briefly close my eyes. Once the click rings in my ears, I open my eyes to see Elijah holding two water bottles.

"Hi sorella" He says softly

"Hi big brother" I reply. He moves to stand in front of the bed so I anxiously tell him "You can sit next to me if you want. If not that's okay too."

He nods his head with a small smile. Elijah sits himself next to me, resting his back against the pillows, leaving a comfortable distance between us.

"Thank you for hanging out with me. I know I told you earlier this week that we should, and I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow so yeah." I tell him playing with the sleeves of my hoodie