A/N

Hey everyone!

First, I want to thank y'all for the love and support this story has received! It truly means the world to me!! 🤍🤍

This is not the update you wanted, but I feel the need to explain to you guys what's been going on in my life.

‼️Alecto is not being discontinued‼️

I didn't realize how much actually goes into writing a story:

Keeping the plot line. Introducing characters. Forming their personalities, and describing them while not telling the reader their entire backstory in one chapter. Writing in detail, and making it as least cringy as possible💀

ANYWAY, my point is Alecto is very emotionally and mentally draining to write. The last chapter I published is about Laura's family, and her going through what happened between her, Adam, and Hannah especially.

I was not expecting to be this effected by my writing, but because I put myself in Laura's point of view it hit me in my soul. I think the amount of horror she has been through, and thinking off all that stuff just made me really depressed honestly...

In the sense of having to continue writing that.

BUT, I will still be continuing the story. My updates won't be as scheduled, but they will still be my overly detailed, and emotional writing.

I'm sorry for this. I really am, but I don't want to keep you guys waiting for a story that's not going to be complete within a month.

If you have any questions or personal messages you can always DM me. Even if it has nothing to do with the story, and just need someone to talk to!

Again, thank you all for your love ❤️

Which leads me into....I'm writing a new book.

I KNOW I KNOW DON'T YELL AT ME
😬😬😬

I just had an idea, and started writing so now my mind isn't in the Alecto plot. I got an announcement about the Watty 2023 mumbo jumbo and that's what sparked the idea.

I've already written a good portion of this new story, and I will start uploading it once it is fully completed and revised.

That way y'all can read the story as a whole and not have to wait for updates.

The title is Shades of Blue

It's a small town high school romance. Imagine a dark aesthetic to Gilmore Girls. This is not like country country. More like woodsy and working class vibes.

The female lead is similar to Laura's character in the sense that she's tough on the outside and soft on the inside.

In Shades of Blue the main character is 17 year old Jade Cooper. (Her character aesthetic is at the top)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is the description of that story:

Jade Sylvie Cooper and her father, Gunner, move across the country for her senior year of high school. Jade is known to be a feisty girl with a bad attitude. This is proven by her time spent in juvenile prison. Jade and Gunner's new journey is supposed to help the young woman make amends for her past.

The Eastwood Boys - Blake Lawson, Cyrus Brandt, and River Douglas - run Eastwood High. Known as the bad boys of the school, the three young men are thick as thieves.

Eastwood, a small town in Montana, doesn't have many new residents. So when a beautiful brunette driving a souped up black truck moves to town, she catches everyones' attention.

Jade has not had an easy life. With her mother and older brother dying within two years of each other, her father working away from home most of her life, and Jade herself spending time in juvie, the 17 year old has had her fair share of ups and downs.

Will this new adventure prove to be beneficial for Jade? Or will her past come back to haunt her? A past she's spent years running away from.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Eh? Eh? 😏😏😏 No? Anyway,

I know this story is very different from Alecto, but that's why I decided to write it. The easy going nature of the story is like a pallet cleanser. However, this story is more realistic with an emphasis on mental health and drug abuse.

For all of you who love Ashton...the love interest has a similar personality to him. Imagine a less intense version of Ashton and Laura.

Shades of Blue is a multi-pov story (between the four main characters.) It is
Badgirl x Badboy but Mr. Badboy is very needy — if you know what I mean.

*Cough cough homeboy loves touching her*

Other tropes:
Forced Proximity
Sports Romance
Small Town
Jealousy
"The sidewalk rule"
"I hate everyone but you"
Daddy and Mommy issues

‼️There is no cheating or pregnancy trope‼️

THERE WILL BE SMUTT 🫶🏼 Once they get going...you might need to attend church.

The love interest in Shades of Blue is a gentleman...when he wants to be...but to Jade he is, yk? I am doing a bad job at explaining this, but I swear the story has dark romance aspects in a high school format.

I just had to put that out there. It is a slow burn story, but definitely not as long as Laura & Andrei. More like they can't figure out their feelings for each other.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, but my mind is very scattered at the moment.

Because I've already written about half of Alecto, I have a good grasp of how I want to design my stories. The initial cringy writing should be out of the way in the new story.

Well, that's all I have to tell you guys. I will make announcements for Alecto, and when I start releasing Shades of Blue if you want to give that a read.

Much love from your fav (maybe not at the moment)🤍🤍🤍