CHAPTER 18

All of us decided to have a family meeting now that Laura is out of the house

All of us decided to have a family meeting now that Laura is out of the house. I know it sounds terrible to leave her out of things, but I need to know from my sons if she is doing okay. The only time she has casually spoken to me was before she announced her internship position for Brooke Stone.

I am so so proud of her. A paid internship with a multi-billion dollar company, at age 17. She is just so intelligent.

We have actually been trying to partner with Miss Stone for her business Lux, but as of right now she still doesn't want to do any partnerships with other businesses.

I mean I can't blame her. She's making billions of dollars on her own, and partnerships can be messy.

I wonder if Laura has met Miss Stone. No one knows who she is, and if they do they probably have to sign some sort of contract to keep her identity confidential.

So, now all of us are in the living room interested to hear what's been going on with our principessa. I'm sitting in a single chair. Luca is sitting to my left next to Elijah. Alessandro is sitting to my right next to Matteo. Lastly, Xander and Xavier are sitting in front of me.

"Does she like it here?" I ask my boys

"I think so. Well, to an extent." Alessandro says questionably

Matteo speaks up saying "What do you mean to an extent?"

"Before she left for the office, she told me that she was very grateful for this opportunity. Referring to her being able to have a father figure and siblings." Alessandro tells us recalling his conversation

I wish she would talk to me. About anything. She could even talk to me about het having a boyfriend and I would just be happy she's talking to me.

I'm so fucking happy she said that she wants a father figure in her life. I mean I don't think Adam was the best type of person for her to be around. Hannah and Adam both overdosed. That can't be a good sign.

"Wait so she wants a family?" Xavier asks trying to hold in excitement

"Yes" Luca and Alessandro respond simultaneously

"That's great!" Xavier exclaims happily

"I really thought she didn't want to be around any of us. Well, besides you Luca" Matteo says sadly

"I'm not going to say I'm sorry for hogging her time because she's my twin and I get the right" Luca starts off sarcastically. "But Laura just doesn't know how to deal with what she's feeling right now." He continues worriedly

She's definitely like Xander

Alessandro speaks up again saying "Laura told me earlier that she was going to try and talk to you all individually. But try not to push her. She hides her emotions well, but I just don't want us to overwhelm her. Especially with school coming up Monday."