Chapter 10: Finding out the next element to cleanse

Ori opened his eyes to find himself back in the darkness of his mind "What happened? The last thing I remember was..." he soon remembered what happened on the Ginso tree. "Am I dead again?" Ori soon asked himself only for the Spirit tree to speak, causing Ori to jump "No you are not dead. you are just unconscious." he told Ori. Ori soon had worry on his face, "What about Sein? Is she ok?" he asked the Spirit tree with concern "Yes, she is ok. I know what you're going to ask me and I will think of something for both of you to stay with eachother." the tree replied. Ori felt relief wash over him "Oh thank the light that she's ok. That also saves asking but I do have one more question, though." he spoke "And what would that be?" the Spirit tree said with questioning in his tone. "Well, back at the Ginso tree, I managed to shoot this lightning when I focused your light. What was that exactly?" Ori asked. The Spirit tree was surprised by this "It appears my light is beginning fuse with your own spirit light causing you to use it in ways that I thought were never possible." the Spirit tree spoke. "You're just as puzzled as I am?" Ori said "Yes. I've never given my light to a spirit before so, you're the first." the tree explained. Ori was a little shocked at what the Spirit tree said, "I see." was the only thing that Ori said.

While Ori was still speaking with the Spirit tree, the sun began to rise turning the dark sky into a blue one. The light of the sun awoke Sein "Is it morning already?" she asked herself with sleep in her voice. She turned to look at Ori who was still sleeping "So cute." she thought as she began to sit up.

Sein saw the clean water and decided to head over to it "The waters have been cleansed. It should be safe to swim and drink now." she said to herself. Sein looked back to see a spirit gate beyond where she and Ori were sleeping, Sein squinted at the gate and saw that it needed two keystones. "The spirit gate needs two keystones. Maybe they're in the water." she spoke as she looked at the water. Sein soon looked back to Ori "Don't worry I'll be back soon, Ori." she thought and dived into the water.

The water was cold, but she continued to swim. She swam through a passage with some fish with sharp teeth and four green eyes "Snappers. I'll need to deal with them quickly." She thought. Despite being under water, her spirit flame still worked as Sein killed the Snappers before coming to a pocket of air. Sein swam to the pocket and bringing her head out of the water gasping for air "I'll need to be careful about how long I am under the water." She spoke and soon went back under the surface.

She soon came into an opening with thorns almost everywhere "Oh my. I need to be careful." she said to herself as she got out of the water. Her fur was heavy with water, so she shook the water out which caused her fur to puff up "Oh my. Ori would probably like seeing my fur like this." She told herself with a smile before patting her fur down.

While Sein was looking for the keystones, Ori began to awaken, opening his eyes as he looked at the blue sky "How did we get here, Sein?" he asked, not knowing that Sein wasn't with him. Ori soon looked around when he didn't get an answer only to notice that Sein was nowhere to be found. Ori began to panic "Sein?! Where did you go?!" he called out before he heard a distant explosion. "What was that?" he thought out loud before he noticed the clean water.

Ori walked over to the water and realised how thirsty he was since he hasn't drunk anything for two days straight if not longer. He formed a bowl using his paws and scooped up some water to drink.

After he drank the water, he spoke "I needed that." He had a satisfied smile, refreshed from the water. Soon something would catch his attention, a blue glowing light within the water could be seen heading deeper down into the water. Ori imminently knew who the light belonged to. "Is Sein looking for something?" he asked himself. Ori soon shrugged to himself, took a deep breath, and jumped in to catch up with her.