Chapter ten

A month later

Todoroki sat silently at his large office desk, thoughtlessly staring at the wood of his office door. He was unable to focus on the work that needed to be done, let alone prepare for the meeting his father was dragging him off to a little later in the day.

He was in his own little world, zoned out of reality with no sign of coming out of it. His mind was empty and his body still, as if frozen in time besides the gentle rising and sinking of his chest as he breathed. He only enjoyed this solitary bliss for a moment when Katsuki's voice rang out, informing him his father was waiting to see him.

"Send him in." He replied as he sat up as straight as he could and fixed himself before his father saw him and scolded him for his lack of persise, perfect looks and posture. He could feel his soul and youth being sucked dry the moment his father stepped foot in the large office, walking over to one of the two seats and sitting down.

"I hope you're prepared, a lot of money will be riding on this proposition." Enji said in his usual cold and emotionless tone. Shoto nodded keeping his nerves hidden exceptionally well under his poker face, cold relentless and most of all determined.

"I will make you and the company proud." Shoto replied with a seemingly confident nod but below that he knew if he failed he wouldn't just be losing the partnership but also the little freedom he enjoyed. If he failed to convince the board he'd have his father breathing down his neck and looking over his shoulder at a constant, no sign of ever trusting him enough to unleash him from the tether he was currently tied too.

"That's my boy." Enji praised, empty, meaningless words. It was apparent he'd known his son would say those words and strive to meet the tasks at hand, no matter how big or small.

Shoto grabbed his things, including a stack of charts and papers, carefully stuffing them into his work bag and then retrieving a few binders filled with information he would need, such as sale rate, a list of his employees, company bills and funding.

"Lets get going." He said as he grabbed the last of his needed documents and supplies. His father nodded with a seemingly satisfied look though shoto could never tell what lied below his father's cold exterior besides lack of human consciousness or love.

Shoto followed close behind his father out of his office and down the short hall. He couldn't help but sneak a small glance at Katsuki as they passed the blonde's desk though he was no where in sight, probably run off to the washroom or something maybe even left to grab some files to sort.

"I see your assistant is busy." Enji sarcastically stated once they were in the elevator, heading down to the lobby. Shoto's mind flashed the image of his baby still growing safely inside the blonde and unfortunately out of his reach, both Katsuki and his baby slipping from his grasp.

"He's merely grabbing some files to sort." Shoto coldly answered, feeling the need to defend his little blonde though his father rolled his eyes. It was true his father and play thing didn't get along very well, both having some sort of dislike for the other. Of course he understood both sides. His father wasn't fond of anything that might disrupt his plans for shoto to inherit the company no matter how small the threat.

"The car is waiting out front." Enji informed, leading shoto out to a large white limo, the driver opening the door for them and revealing snacks and alcohol inside. "Subtle." Shoto muttered not sure what to feel about the chosen transportation besides unease.

"I want to discuss a few family matters on the way." Enji said getting in and sitting down, shoto following suit and taking a seat across from his father, wondering what trivia and matter awaited him.