chapter twenty six ❁

An: hi guys!! Thank you for all the support on my last chapter!! i was lowkey nervous that nobody would read this book anymore cuz i haven't updated it in so long. but im so happy y'all still stuck around. if you guys want to connect with me on social media you can follow me on tiktok @ nicoledelphinaah :) i am usually active on that app if im not writing

chapter twenty six: the camping trip

"Mail timeeee!" Erin shrieks excitedly as she runs over to our table. In her arms, is a brown box containing piles of envelops that overflow the top.

"I hope my parents didn't forget about me again." Lars scoffs as he takes a bite of his bacon.

"Mr.Hetfield." Erin chimed, digging her hands inside the box. "Mail for you."

"Hey!" James shouts as Erin drops a crème colored envelope on top of his plate of oatmeal.

"Oh calm down, its not like I got your letter wet." Erin scoffs as she makes her rounds around the table.

"'For you, Mr. Burton" Cliff holds his hand out unenthusiastically. Erin places an envelope in his hand.

Cliff looks in my direction and I quickly turn my head away and continue eating my sad breakfast. Which consisted of soggy eggs, dry sausage and burnt bread.

I never told anyone what happened between Cliff and I. If I tell Kirk, he will definitely confront Cliff and that could ruin their friendship and possibly even our friend group. But Kirk could also believe that I was the one who kissed Cliff, when it was him who put the moves on me. If I tell Erin, she would easily accidentally blab and tell the group.

Erin comes around to my side of the table with Kirk, Lars and I.

"Mr. Hammett. Newest issue of Monster Madness for you." Erin sifts her hands through the box and pulls out a magazine. Kirk drops his spoon on his plate, making a loud clatter.

"Oh, alright!" Kirk rips the magazine from Erin's fingers. "Look, babe!" Kirk nudges my shoulder and I look up from my food.

Babe? He never calls me any cute nickname like this, especially in front of the gang.

Kirk gasps as he flips through the pages excitedly.

Erin comes to my side, she bows dramatically and holds out a postcard in the palm of her hand. "Ms.Samuels, a postcard for you."

"Thank you madam." I blush, politely taking the postcard from her hand.

Erin stands up straight and looks at Lars unenthusiastically. "And as for you Ulrich, nothing as usual." She walks away and makes her rounds to the other tables.

James giggles, "Damn, bro, did your family forget about you or something?"

"They are probably just busy." Lars jokes but its obvious that he sounds a little hurt that his family didn't write to him.

I look down at my postcard. On the front side, is a huge white and gold cruise ship with both of my parents posing in front of it, with their arms wrapped around each other. My mom is wearing an obnoxious orange and green dress with a giant tan hat on that covered most of her face. All I could see underneath was her exaggerated, shit eating grin, with smeared red lipstick across her lips and chin. She never dresses like this, it's almost quite humorous seeing her dressed like that. If we were home, she would be making fun of someone for wearing something like that. My father had on a red Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts that looked like they were two sizes too small.

The postcard is suddenly ripped away from my fingers. "Are those shmucks your parents?" James asks as he identifies the postcard. Lars places his head on James' shoulder as he identifies the postcard too. James looks up at me, squints his eyes, looks back down and then looks back up at me.