chapter sixteen❁

an/ just wanted to tell ya'll, it absolutely warms my heart, when you guys comment and vote on my stories ;) i sound really lame but i appreciate every one of you guys that read this book !! ily all !!!

also this chapter is kinda long and boring lol... but just wait and see till the next chapter !!

chapter sixteen: out of your goddamn mind

"What do you mean?" I snap and watch Erin walk into a smaller room, "We are not dying my hair!"

"Lelia," I follow Erin's voice and find her in the bathroom. I watch, as Erin slips on rubber gloves, and turns on the sink, "Since you managed to escape John, he could easily catch you and kick you out." She pauses and runs her hand under the water, testing the temperature, "Dying your hair, is perfect!"

I cross my arms, "How is it perfect?"

"John, won't be able to recognize you with different colored hair!"

I have never thought about dying my hair before. My parents were so against me, dying my hair. I never thought the day would come, that I would finally be doing it.

"What color do you want?" Erin bends over picking up small boxes, "We have, hot pink." She holds up the box, smiling like an idiot.

"If you think, you are dying my hair hot pink. You are out of your goddamn mind."

"I think, Lelia would look hot with pink hair." Cliff startles me, as he walks in behind me.

"No, any other ideas?"

"How about purple?"

"Nope."

"Green?"

"Erin, be realistic. I don't want to look like a five star prostitute."

Cliff snorts and Erin huffs loudly, "Just come here, idiot."

I follow Erin's command and stand in front of the mirror. Erin runs her hands through my hair, tugging at the spit ends. A soft hum leaves her lips, "It may be a little extreme for you, but I have an idea."

I look at our reflection, a thick cloud of smoke, resonates in the air, behind Erin and I. It didn't take me long to realize, Cliff had lit a cigarette.

"What are you thinking, Erin?"

"I can't say it just yet." Erin says, as she picks up a box, from under the sink, "Lelia, do you trust me?"

Well, considering I haven't known Erin for not even a week. Her chances of me trusting her, is slim to none. But, she does always have my best interest and she is always the first person I'll go to. So, I guess I can say, I do trust her.

"Why, Erin?"

"I decided on a color, but I want it to be a surprise!"

I yank her hand out of my hair, gripping the ends in my fist, tightly, "What do you mean, surprise?!"

"Just trust me!" Erin begs.

A warm hand rubs my left shoulder, "Lelia, trust Erin on this one. I know what ever color she'll pick, you will look beautiful in."

I blush and look in the mirror, seeing my two best friends next to me, "Thank you, Cliff."

"Believe us, Lelia. If you don't like it, I can change it back, I promise." Erin says in a low whisper.

I take a deep breath, saying goodbye to my golden, brown hair, one last time, "Alright, go crazy."

"This shit smells!" I gag, as Erin washes out my hair in the sink. Currently, I am in the most uncomfortable position of my life. Erin, stood over my body, washing out my hair in the small sink. The high pressure of the water, blasted near my ears, so loudly, it was impossible to even hear Erin or Cliff speak. I couldn't even tell, if I was sitting or standing at this point.