chapter twelve ❁

chapter twelve: whatever, lover boy

Kirk snaps his head up to James' remark and it caught me by surprise seeing Kirk turn from calm and carefree to angry in a split second.

"James, what did you just say?"

"You heard him, Kirky." Cliff slams his fist on the table and all three boys except Kirk were wheezing of laughter.

Kirk wags his finger at all of the boys, "She is the only person allowed to call me 'Kirky' and we were not doing anything in the bushes." He pulls his comic book up and covers his face.

From my point of view, I could see all of the boys, but thankfully, they didn't see me since I was hiding behind a small mass of people.

Kirk pulls his comic book closer to his face, when the other three boys laughter gets louder. His face turns red each second they make a rude remark or sneer towards Kirk and I. At this point, I didn't care if they said shit about me. The only thing I cared about, was Kirk.

He whipped through the pages faster to keep his mind busy as the boys continued talking. All I wanted to do was go up and hug him. Seeing Kirk in a state of anger, fear and confusion, only made me fear what he would do next.

"Well, I saw you guys in the bushes." Lars says and takes a bite of his food.

Kirk defends his words, "No matter how many times I say it. We did absolutely nothing dirty in the slightest."

Cliff pipes in, "So you didn't have sex with Lelia, yet?"

"I did not, dude. Lelia is too special to me and I don't want to take advantage of her yet. I just met her yesterday."

"Whatever, lover boy."

Kirk takes his attention away from the boys and peers back down to his comic book.

James raises his head from the table and peers around the dining hall. I follow his gaze as he looks around the far away tables, into the kitchen and the exact table that I am leaning against.

His eyes look down at the floor, then up my legs and chest, until we make eye-contact.

Oh shit.

"Hey, look who it is!" James cheers, "It's Lelia!"

All of the boys turn their heads to me and it's finally time I give them a piece of my mind. I march towards the table, making sure to slam my feet as I took each step towards the table.

I am practically fuming at this point, They have no right to say shit about us, that is not true. Better yet, even giving Kirk a hard time about it, too.

Kirk's eyes widen when he sees me. He quickly drops his book, wipes his forehead and gives me a small smile.

"Hi, Lelia."

I give him a small wave and approach the other boys on the bench.

"So, was it you talking shit, Ulrich?"

Lars drops his spoon and it clatters against the table.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, was it you talking shit about Kirk and I?"

I cross my arms and glance over to Kirk.

Cliff snickers and James does not help the situation at all, by saying 'ooohh' after everything I say.

"Lelia, babe, I don't know what you're talking about." Lars retorts and continues to eat.

"Don't call me that. I know it was you telling people, I gave head to Kirk."

Kirk gasps and covers his hands over his face, "Oh my god, how does she know?" He says in a low whisper.

Lars says nothing more and continues eating, like there is no problem.

"I know you heard me, fucker."

He clenches his fist and drops the spoon once more, "What the fuck, did you call me?"

"I told you, why are you saying shit about Kirk and I?"

Lars pauses briefly and looks up to the ceiling, "Listen, I think you may have gotten yourself mixed up with some other girl." He pauses and rubs his hands together, "You see, my boy Kirk here, always leads girls into the forest late at night, after they leave the infirmary."

My body completely froze, I look down to my almost healed foot then over to Kirk. I know he didn't purposefully hurt me. But, from the way Lars is telling this to me, I am starting to slowly believe him.

"Lelia," Kirk interrupts, "Don't believe him."

I snap back, "Kirk did not mean to hurt me yesterday. You know it and I know it, Lars."

"Well, this isn't the first time good ol' Kirky has done it." Lars smiles with a shit eating grin.

"Lelia, no." Kirk says in a low growl.

"After Kirk leaves the infirmary with his new girl, they are surprisingly caught in the bushes together. Well you know, the rest is history."

James catches me by surprise when he speaks up, "Lars, shut up, dude."

I am beyond disgusted by his words and I cringe hearing the words 'the rest is history', leave his mouth.

"You, little snake."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Lars smiles and dips his head back down to eat.

My anger is boiling at this point and I can only think of one thing to do, "You know that is not true and if you can't respect Kirk and I, grow some balls or shut the fuck up!"

"What are you gonna do about it, Lelia." Lars chuckles and picks up his spoon.

"This."

I grab Lars by the back of his head. Clutching onto his thick, greasy hair, I slam his head into his bowl of oatmeal two times before finally stopping.

"Oh my god." Kirk gasps.

Lars quickly grabs his napkin and wipes of his face. It wasn't long to notice that the more he wiped off his face, more blood began to drain from his nose.

"What the fuck, was that for?!" Lars shouts loudly and holds onto his bloody nose.

"Payback, for being an asshole."

James and Cliff's eyes widen at my words and I am glad to say, I finally resolved my problems with these boys.

"Aren't you fuckers gonna help me?!" Lars asks, as he blows chucks of oatmeal, out his nose.

"No man, she had every right to do that." James chuckles.

"He's right, Lars. You were being a complete dick."

Suddenly the dining hall gets silent, a thick and sweaty hand grasps my shoulder tightly.

"Hello Ms.Lelia." I turn my head slowly to the voice.

It was John.

"Please, come with me to my office."