chapter twenty one ❁

happy holidays to my amazing, dedicated and awesome readers!!! i hope you all have an amazing christmas and a happy new year!! also, this book is almost one year old starting next month!! thank you all for supporting me by commenting, voting and most importantly, reading my book that has been an absolute blast and enjoyable time to make. i love all so much, thank you for everything ;)

also, shameless self promo, i finally published the start of my motley crue book "Too Fast For Love"!! the first two chapters are out and it would mean the world to me if you guys can check it out! i have very high hopes for that book :) sorry for the long intro, anyways, on with the chapter!!

chapter twenty seven: record stores can create love

I slide down the booth and crash into James' shoulder. Kirk slides in next to me, bumping into my shoulder a little too roughly. Lars, Cliff and Erin squeeze in on the other side of the booth. Being tightly packed in between James and Kirk, I reach for Kirk's hand under the table and squeeze it gently.

"Lars, you had to pick a fucking booth?! We can't even move!" James says with a rough tone of anger in his voice.

"You know I have a bad back, James!"

"What do you expect?! You can't even sit up straight in a chair!"

Lars spits with rage, "Then you can be the drummer for our fucking band then!"

My ears perk at the words coming from Lars. James and him are in a band together? They are just now admitting it?

"Whoa, wait, you guys are in a band?" I find myself springing to the opportunity of asking before anyone else does.

"Fine, then be the fucking lead guitarist. I'd like to see you try." James laughs coolly and picks up his complementary cup of water.

Lars mimics his moves, "I'd be a better guitar player than you, and you know it."

"Oh yeah, so have you learned more than the intro to Smoke on the Water, yet? Please, enlighten me." I have never seen James act so tough, yet wise and sophisticated in an argument with Lars before. If I were James, I would slam his head into his oatmeal again.

"I will beat the shit out of you. You know that?"

"Okay retards, just quit arguing and let's just order." Cliff abruptly stops the mild argument going between James and Lars.

I can't help but wonder why nobody is as curious as I am about the band. All these guys like the same music as me and it's a complete shock that they hardly reacted. But what other secrets could they be hiding from me? For all I know, they can either be in a punk or disco band, since those are the two popular music genres right now.

I feel my head start to ache, as I begin to wrap my thoughts around the concept of the boys being in a band together. My stomach rumbled and reminded me that it's time to fuel up on some yummy food!

I open up my menu and begin to scan the options of food. After looking over the options, I find myself highly interested in the list of hamburgers. I find my self idolizing over the small picture on the menu of the cheeseburger loaded with a butt load of pickles, onions and barbecue sauce.

Now, that's my kinda burger.

Looking around the table, I notice that everyone else is almost done deciding. My eyes find their way to Kirk and I chuckle to myself seeing him debate on whether to get tacos or burrito.

"You guys ready to order?" I drop my menu and my eyes lock with the voice that calls my attention.

Lars and James gasp on command. I find myself googly-eyeing the waitress who has come to serve, six, young and hungry teenagers who escaped from summer camp. I didn't realize that I had been hardcore staring at her breasts. Since they were practically busting out of her skin tight tank-top. This girl looked like she would be a back up dancer for a living or a stage dancer, even. From the lack of clothes she is wearing, I am surprised she is still working here and hasn't gotten fired yet. I already know she has gotten previous customer's attention's before. She can already count James and Lars to her list of the people that have fallen head-over-heels for her outfit, or lack there of. But who am I to judge her? She just appears like a young girl close to our age that needs a job and is willing to work anywhere.