Chapter 8

After walking in the woods for a while I sat down on a log to catch my breath

After walking in the woods for a while I sat down on a log to catch my breath. I hate walking. I hate the cold. I hate everything. God the cold sucks. Gar stopped walking and sat next to me. I could see his bright ass hair in the corner of my eye.

"I hate the fucking cold," I snapped.

"It does suck when you don't have fur," he said.

"I should've brought a jacket," I sighed.

"Well if you keep going straight you'll end up back at the mansion in like 10 minutes," Gar said pointing in the direction he said.

"Come on then let's go,"

"I'm not coming," he stated.

"What?" I asked.

"I want to run around," he answered.

"Ugh Gar don't leave me alone," I groaned.

"You can survive," he said.

"No I can't, I literally can't," I replied.

"Go before you freeze to death,"

"Ugh, I hate you," I snapped.

"Love you more," he said and pushed me off the log. "Now hurry up unless you want to see me naked,"

"I'd rather kill myself," I said and started walking.

"You're going the wrong way,"

"I knew that," I said and turned around.

I stomped through the snow as I heard the sound of Gar truing in a tiger behind me. I still can't get used to it. It's just weird to think that my cousin can turn into a tiger at will. On the other hand, he thinks I'm strange because my powers change. I wonder if he can turn into other animals. He should turn into a dinosaur or some shit. Like tigers are cool but I'd be scared shitless if a Trex was in front of me. I just think he could do more if he put his mind to it.

I'm starting to sound like the chief. I hate it. I hate that sometimes we think the same. I hate him. I don't care that he saved us, I'd rather be dead right now. I think the cure did more bad to us than good. He had no idea what that could have done to us but he gave it to us anyway. Like we were lab rats. Gar doesn't think that way though. The chief brainwashed him to believe that he gives a fuck about him. We've gotten into so many fights about the chief.

I looked around at the trees that surrounded me. Ugh, I hate the outdoors. I hate the forest and I hate the fucking cold. Gar thinks I'm crazy every time I say that I'd rather be in a big city than be out in the middle of nowhere. I hate this place, I hate the cold, and I hate everyone that is in that house. They are all brainwashed. I swear I'm the only sane one in this place and I have DID. No one in the house likes me either.

They pretend to but I know what they think about me. At least Rita lets her feelings about me be known. Cliff acts all nice and dad-like but I know he's scared of me. Same thing with Larry. Rita hates me and won't even come out of her room anymore. Not like she ever did before but now everyone blames me. Chief just started walking again after Michael broke his back. He has some sick obsession with me and I hate him. At least Gar likes me still. I don't understand how he does it. I know we are family or whatever but I wouldn't even put up with me.